FX-Series Starboard (Essential interactive whiteboard for teaching, presentations & meetings) is made without embedding any wires in the board itself. This allows the board to be functional even in case the board surface is dented.
DATA STORAGE AND TRANSFER:
Starboard software allows teacher to save lessons to be reviewed and used later. One does not have to create fresh lesson plans for the same subject. Also, one can email lesson plans to the absent learners. Starboard Software supports PDF, HTML, Images (jpg.png) output.
Hitachi Starboards offer the feature of viewing and navigating the internet on the interactive whiteboard; thus enables surfing and display of websites which the entire class can see.
Starboard can receive inputs from various multimedia devices like camcorders, DVD players, etc. This enables the Starboard to display video-clips or movie files, which make learning and presentations very engaging.
In case the user wants to use the Starboard from a distance he can do so by connecting it with the Hitachi BT-2G Bluetooth tablet.
Hotachi Starboards allow users to write on top of presentations / pictures / spread sheets / text. It even allows the user to write on movies without pausing the movie.
One can remote conference between two Starboards, i.e. one presenter can be in one location and the other in another location. Up to 50 Starboards can be connected at a time.
Benefits for Teachers
- Improved presentation by using ICT with the whole class.
- Potential to instantaneously revisit or adapt previous work.
- Facility to immediately respond to student needs by manipulating shapes and text.
- Better planning and more effective lesson management, on a day-to-day and year-to-year-basis.
Benefits for Students
- Enhanced performance & increased self-confidence.
- Ability to cope with more complex concepts.
- Motivation and involvement in learning. Improved behavior has been observed as a by-product.
- Clear and attractive presentation of a student's thoughts.
- Accommodating different learning styles.