- KVs to impart German in its schoolsPosted 1 day ago
- Kerala- no longer hundred per cent in literacy?Posted 2 days ago
- Volunteering Skill EducationPosted 3 days ago
- Empowering girl education worldwidePosted 3 weeks ago
- Two Indian Institutes Make a Mark in World’s Top 200Posted 3 weeks ago
- Microsoft to digitise Maharashtra village, impart skills to youthPosted 3 weeks ago
- Vega schools to shell out Rs 200 crore for local expansionPosted 3 weeks ago
- Soft skills in technical curriculum soonPosted 3 weeks ago
- ‘Need a school every seven minutes’Posted 3 weeks ago
- Now, A Portal for GeographyPosted 3 weeks ago
Govt Announces Interest Subsidy on Education Loan
Posted on March 27, 2012
Ministry of Human Resource Development has formulated an Interest Subsidy Scheme to provide full interest subsidy during the period of moratorium on educational loans taken by students belonging to economically weaker sections from scheduled banks under the Model Educational Loan Scheme of the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) for pursuing any of the approved courses of studies in technical and professional streams from recognized institutions in India.
Students whose parental income is less than Rs 4.5 lakhs per annum and are enrolled in recognized technical & professional courses, after class twelfth, in India are eligible under the scheme. Educational loans of such students disbursed from 1st April 2009, irrespective of date of sanction are eligible for interest subsidy.