- Global degrees for Asian students, a click awayPosted 1 week ago
- British Council will teach teachersPosted 1 week ago
- Intel inside digital IndiaPosted 1 week ago
- ELS eyes Indian marketPosted 1 week ago
- India is regional guruPosted 1 week ago
- India, US Explore Opportunities in Education CollaborationPosted 1 month ago
- HRD Minister releases Knowledge Paper at FICCI Higher Education Summit 2014Posted 1 month ago
- Bridging the Student-Teacher GapPosted 2 months ago
- Higher Investment Crucial to Improving QualityPosted 2 months ago
- Developing Personalities Through DramaPosted 2 months ago
Govt Announces Interest Subsidy on Education Loan
Posted on March 27, 2012
Ministry of Human Resource Development has formulated an Interest Subsidy Scheme to provide full interest subsidy during the period of moratorium on educational loans taken by students belonging to economically weaker sections from scheduled banks under the Model Educational Loan Scheme of the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) for pursuing any of the approved courses of studies in technical and professional streams from recognized institutions in India.
Students whose parental income is less than Rs 4.5 lakhs per annum and are enrolled in recognized technical & professional courses, after class twelfth, in India are eligible under the scheme. Educational loans of such students disbursed from 1st April 2009, irrespective of date of sanction are eligible for interest subsidy.