- New online education venture launchedPosted 2 weeks ago
- ’90% Indian MBAs unemployable’Posted 2 weeks ago
- Tamil Nadu growth bucks ASER trendPosted 2 weeks ago
- Canada’s Seneca college explores partnerships in IndiaPosted 2 weeks ago
- Primary education in India a secondary responsibility: ReportPosted 2 weeks ago
- Panel set up to improve quality of educationPosted 3 weeks ago
- India’s higher education needs re-evaluationPosted 3 weeks ago
- Free JEE test, a click awayPosted 3 weeks ago
- ‘Education a tool for just society’Posted 3 weeks ago
- Education should develop one’s personality, not robots: PMPosted 4 weeks ago
Govt Announces Interest Subsidy on Education Loan
Posted on March 27, 2012
Ministry of Human Resource Development has formulated an Interest Subsidy Scheme to provide full interest subsidy during the period of moratorium on educational loans taken by students belonging to economically weaker sections from scheduled banks under the Model Educational Loan Scheme of the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) for pursuing any of the approved courses of studies in technical and professional streams from recognized institutions in India.
Students whose parental income is less than Rs 4.5 lakhs per annum and are enrolled in recognized technical & professional courses, after class twelfth, in India are eligible under the scheme. Educational loans of such students disbursed from 1st April 2009, irrespective of date of sanction are eligible for interest subsidy.