- Politics decaying education system: Delhi CMPosted 2 days ago
- Rural India hopeful about jobsPosted 1 week ago
- Educational inequalitiesPosted 1 week ago
- Free, open source edu portalPosted 1 week ago
- Workshop on inclusive educationPosted 3 weeks ago
- Digital connect to education systemPosted 3 weeks ago
- “Foreign universities cost Indians $ 7 bn”Posted 3 weeks ago
- ‘Unfair’ educationPosted 3 weeks ago
- Sunni body will set up 100 schools in UPPosted 3 weeks ago
- Muslims’ quota scrappedPosted 3 weeks ago
Govt Announces Interest Subsidy on Education Loan
Posted on March 27, 2012
Ministry of Human Resource Development has formulated an Interest Subsidy Scheme to provide full interest subsidy during the period of moratorium on educational loans taken by students belonging to economically weaker sections from scheduled banks under the Model Educational Loan Scheme of the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) for pursuing any of the approved courses of studies in technical and professional streams from recognized institutions in India.
Students whose parental income is less than Rs 4.5 lakhs per annum and are enrolled in recognized technical & professional courses, after class twelfth, in India are eligible under the scheme. Educational loans of such students disbursed from 1st April 2009, irrespective of date of sanction are eligible for interest subsidy.