- Modi to go live on Teacher’s DayPosted 22 hours ago
- Modi wants e-learning of Japanese in IndiaPosted 22 hours ago
- Benefits of RGNF Scheme Elude SC, ST StudentsPosted 5 days ago
- IISc gets UGC nod for FYUPPosted 5 days ago
- Less Than a Quarter of Delhi’s Poor Kids Get Free BooksPosted 6 days ago
- Irani Asks States to Focus on Girls’ EducationPosted 7 days ago
- Vietnam Eyes CBSE Pattern in SchoolsPosted 7 days ago
- Poor Quality of Higher Education Disappointing: PresidentPosted 1 week ago
- India Fastest Growing Source of International Students to NZ: ReportPosted 1 week ago
- Trivitron Healthcare partners with University of Tartu for R&DPosted 1 week ago
Govt Announces Interest Subsidy on Education Loan
Ministry of Human Resource Development has formulated an Interest Subsidy Scheme to provide full interest subsidy during the period of moratorium on educational loans taken by students belonging to economically weaker sections from scheduled banks under the Model Educational Loan Scheme of the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) for pursuing any of the approved courses of studies in technical and professional streams from recognized institutions in India.
Students whose parental income is less than Rs 4.5 lakhs per annum and are enrolled in recognized technical & professional courses, after class twelfth, in India are eligible under the scheme. Educational loans of such students disbursed from 1st April 2009, irrespective of date of sanction are eligible for interest subsidy.