- Andhra wants to make Kuchipudi compulsoryPosted 2 days ago
- 78% Indian teachers support mobile devices in classPosted 3 days ago
- Australia looks forward to enhance education ties with IndiaPosted 3 days ago
- Career options in medical educationPosted 1 week ago
- CET 2015 by DAVV on June 4Posted 1 week ago
- “India among world’s top 5 MBA destinations”Posted 1 week ago
- Harvard’s international office soon in MumbaiPosted 2 weeks ago
- Need Concerted efforts to improve education system: Wipro ChairmanPosted 2 weeks ago
- Gujarat University may close down external coursesPosted 3 weeks ago
- TN, Kerala account for 40 % of education loansPosted 3 weeks ago
Govt Announces Interest Subsidy on Education Loan
Posted on March 27, 2012
Ministry of Human Resource Development has formulated an Interest Subsidy Scheme to provide full interest subsidy during the period of moratorium on educational loans taken by students belonging to economically weaker sections from scheduled banks under the Model Educational Loan Scheme of the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) for pursuing any of the approved courses of studies in technical and professional streams from recognized institutions in India.
Students whose parental income is less than Rs 4.5 lakhs per annum and are enrolled in recognized technical & professional courses, after class twelfth, in India are eligible under the scheme. Educational loans of such students disbursed from 1st April 2009, irrespective of date of sanction are eligible for interest subsidy.