- Scrap reservation in HE institutions: SCPosted 3 months ago
- Making education fun onlinePosted 4 months ago
- Advocating technology in education through conclavePosted 4 months ago
- Indian Govt set to expand medical colleges networkPosted 4 months ago
- Govt plans to utilise vacant seats for skill trainingPosted 4 months ago
- PM, President to launch one stop research funding mechanismPosted 4 months ago
- Skill training programmes for clinicians and surgeonsPosted 4 months ago
- Mark Zuckerberg to host Q&A in IIT Delhi on Oct 28Posted 4 months ago
- CBSE Schools remember Kalam on his birthdayPosted 4 months ago
- EMPI along with JLL to offer facilities management coursePosted 4 months ago
Govt Announces Interest Subsidy on Education Loan
Posted on March 27, 2012
Ministry of Human Resource Development has formulated an Interest Subsidy Scheme to provide full interest subsidy during the period of moratorium on educational loans taken by students belonging to economically weaker sections from scheduled banks under the Model Educational Loan Scheme of the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) for pursuing any of the approved courses of studies in technical and professional streams from recognized institutions in India.
Students whose parental income is less than Rs 4.5 lakhs per annum and are enrolled in recognized technical & professional courses, after class twelfth, in India are eligible under the scheme. Educational loans of such students disbursed from 1st April 2009, irrespective of date of sanction are eligible for interest subsidy.