- TISS partners with GKD for vocational schoolPosted 2 weeks ago
- DU introduces environment studies as a compulsory coursePosted 2 weeks ago
- 1000 US academics to teach in Indian UniversitiesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Modi government to launch E-librariesPosted 2 weeks ago
- India may soon launch MOOCS with American UniversitiesPosted 2 weeks ago
- School Education Board Secretary’s degree invalid: Punjab Govt to HCPosted 4 weeks ago
- School body serves Maharashtra Government notice over RTE fundsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Cambridge partners with Indian institutes for English assessmentPosted 1 month ago
- ‘Reservation’ to ensure equal opportunities for all: Hamid AnsariPosted 1 month ago
- Pune institutes to educate students on space sciencePosted 1 month ago
Govt Announces Interest Subsidy on Education Loan
Ministry of Human Resource Development has formulated an Interest Subsidy Scheme to provide full interest subsidy during the period of moratorium on educational loans taken by students belonging to economically weaker sections from scheduled banks under the Model Educational Loan Scheme of the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) for pursuing any of the approved courses of studies in technical and professional streams from recognized institutions in India.
Students whose parental income is less than Rs 4.5 lakhs per annum and are enrolled in recognized technical & professional courses, after class twelfth, in India are eligible under the scheme. Educational loans of such students disbursed from 1st April 2009, irrespective of date of sanction are eligible for interest subsidy.