- Pune institutes to educate students on space sciencePosted 2 hours ago
- Azim Premji says 20 percent of teachers not sincerePosted 3 hours ago
- NPTEL, Autodesk sign MoU to bring engineering software to studentsPosted 1 day ago
- HRD Minister stresses on education that promotes culturePosted 1 day ago
- SBI to offer credit cards with education loansPosted 1 day ago
- DU in turmoilPosted 5 days ago
- Salute to all teachersPosted 3 weeks ago
- Modi to go Live to Address Students and TeachersPosted 3 weeks ago
- Alma Mater of Legends to Get New LifePosted 3 weeks ago
- Prime Focus on Empowering, Educating Women: ModiPosted 3 weeks ago
Govt Announces Interest Subsidy on Education Loan
Ministry of Human Resource Development has formulated an Interest Subsidy Scheme to provide full interest subsidy during the period of moratorium on educational loans taken by students belonging to economically weaker sections from scheduled banks under the Model Educational Loan Scheme of the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) for pursuing any of the approved courses of studies in technical and professional streams from recognized institutions in India.
Students whose parental income is less than Rs 4.5 lakhs per annum and are enrolled in recognized technical & professional courses, after class twelfth, in India are eligible under the scheme. Educational loans of such students disbursed from 1st April 2009, irrespective of date of sanction are eligible for interest subsidy.