- We must revitalise research and development in our country, says PresidentPosted 300 days ago
- Kozhikode authorities to float tenders to set-up digital classrooms in 22 schoolsPosted 300 days ago
- Oxford University Press organises digital learning workshop for teachersPosted 301 days ago
- US university to establish high-tech pathology lab in HyderabadPosted 302 days ago
- Every university should identify one department that can be developed into a centre of excellence, says PresidentPosted 303 days ago
- Minister of HRD to visit US for dialogue on higher educationPosted 303 days ago
- Knowing Gujarat SSC/HSC Board results just a SMS awayPosted 303 days ago
- International studies centre to up come at Aligarh Muslim UniversityPosted 303 days ago
- Govt to set up National Skill Development Agency (NSDA)Posted 303 days ago
- Maha Govt to set-up nursing and paramedical education boardPosted 303 days ago
Govt Announces Interest Subsidy on Education Loan
Ministry of Human Resource Development has formulated an Interest Subsidy Scheme to provide full interest subsidy during the period of moratorium on educational loans taken by students belonging to economically weaker sections from scheduled banks under the Model Educational Loan Scheme of the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) for pursuing any of the approved courses of studies in technical and professional streams from recognized institutions in India.
Students whose parental income is less than Rs 4.5 lakhs per annum and are enrolled in recognized technical & professional courses, after class twelfth, in India are eligible under the scheme. Educational loans of such students disbursed from 1st April 2009, irrespective of date of sanction are eligible for interest subsidy.