- India, US Explore Opportunities in Education CollaborationPosted 2 weeks ago
- HRD Minister releases Knowledge Paper at FICCI Higher Education Summit 2014Posted 2 weeks ago
- Bridging the Student-Teacher GapPosted 1 month ago
- Higher Investment Crucial to Improving QualityPosted 1 month ago
- Developing Personalities Through DramaPosted 1 month ago
- ERP- A One Stop SolutionPosted 1 month ago
- An Integrated Solution SpecialistPosted 1 month ago
- Virtual Classrooms — Future of EducationPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking Barriers in Learning and EducationPosted 1 month ago
- Digital Labs: Bridging Language DividePosted 1 month ago
Govt Announces Interest Subsidy on Education Loan
Posted on March 27, 2012
Ministry of Human Resource Development has formulated an Interest Subsidy Scheme to provide full interest subsidy during the period of moratorium on educational loans taken by students belonging to economically weaker sections from scheduled banks under the Model Educational Loan Scheme of the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) for pursuing any of the approved courses of studies in technical and professional streams from recognized institutions in India.
Students whose parental income is less than Rs 4.5 lakhs per annum and are enrolled in recognized technical & professional courses, after class twelfth, in India are eligible under the scheme. Educational loans of such students disbursed from 1st April 2009, irrespective of date of sanction are eligible for interest subsidy.