- New online education venture launchedPosted 2 weeks ago
- ’90% Indian MBAs unemployable’Posted 2 weeks ago
- Tamil Nadu growth bucks ASER trendPosted 2 weeks ago
- Canada’s Seneca college explores partnerships in IndiaPosted 2 weeks ago
- Primary education in India a secondary responsibility: ReportPosted 2 weeks ago
- Panel set up to improve quality of educationPosted 3 weeks ago
- India’s higher education needs re-evaluationPosted 3 weeks ago
- Free JEE test, a click awayPosted 3 weeks ago
- ‘Education a tool for just society’Posted 3 weeks ago
- Education should develop one’s personality, not robots: PMPosted 3 weeks ago
CBSE announces Self Assessment Test for Class 10 Students
Posted on May 15, 2012
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will be conducting an optional proficiency test for students appearing for class 10 exams in July to evaluate the aptitude before choosing a stream.
Students will be able to measure their skills and abilities in a particular domain or subject, while the schools will get feedback on the learning levels among their students.
The test will be conducted for five main subjects like English, mathematics, social sciences, science and Hindi from July 9 to 13. A student may appear in one or more subjects depending upon their choice.
The core testing element of such a test will include observing, comparing, classifying, solving, translating, interpreting, analysing, synthesising, creating, composing, deducing, justifying and judging/evaluating.