- Politics decaying education system: Delhi CMPosted 3 days ago
- Rural India hopeful about jobsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Educational inequalitiesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Free, open source edu portalPosted 2 weeks ago
- Workshop on inclusive educationPosted 3 weeks ago
- Digital connect to education systemPosted 3 weeks ago
- “Foreign universities cost Indians $ 7 bn”Posted 3 weeks ago
- ‘Unfair’ educationPosted 3 weeks ago
- Sunni body will set up 100 schools in UPPosted 4 weeks ago
- Muslims’ quota scrappedPosted 4 weeks ago
CBSE announces Self Assessment Test for Class 10 Students
Posted on May 15, 2012
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will be conducting an optional proficiency test for students appearing for class 10 exams in July to evaluate the aptitude before choosing a stream.
Students will be able to measure their skills and abilities in a particular domain or subject, while the schools will get feedback on the learning levels among their students.
The test will be conducted for five main subjects like English, mathematics, social sciences, science and Hindi from July 9 to 13. A student may appear in one or more subjects depending upon their choice.
The core testing element of such a test will include observing, comparing, classifying, solving, translating, interpreting, analysing, synthesising, creating, composing, deducing, justifying and judging/evaluating.