- Scrap reservation in HE institutions: SCPosted 3 months ago
- Making education fun onlinePosted 4 months ago
- Advocating technology in education through conclavePosted 4 months ago
- Indian Govt set to expand medical colleges networkPosted 4 months ago
- Govt plans to utilise vacant seats for skill trainingPosted 4 months ago
- PM, President to launch one stop research funding mechanismPosted 4 months ago
- Skill training programmes for clinicians and surgeonsPosted 4 months ago
- Mark Zuckerberg to host Q&A in IIT Delhi on Oct 28Posted 4 months ago
- CBSE Schools remember Kalam on his birthdayPosted 4 months ago
- EMPI along with JLL to offer facilities management coursePosted 4 months ago
CBSE announces Self Assessment Test for Class 10 Students
Posted on May 15, 2012
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will be conducting an optional proficiency test for students appearing for class 10 exams in July to evaluate the aptitude before choosing a stream.
Students will be able to measure their skills and abilities in a particular domain or subject, while the schools will get feedback on the learning levels among their students.
The test will be conducted for five main subjects like English, mathematics, social sciences, science and Hindi from July 9 to 13. A student may appear in one or more subjects depending upon their choice.
The core testing element of such a test will include observing, comparing, classifying, solving, translating, interpreting, analysing, synthesising, creating, composing, deducing, justifying and judging/evaluating.