- Global degrees for Asian students, a click awayPosted 2 weeks ago
- British Council will teach teachersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Intel inside digital IndiaPosted 2 weeks ago
- ELS eyes Indian marketPosted 2 weeks ago
- India is regional guruPosted 2 weeks ago
- India, US Explore Opportunities in Education CollaborationPosted 1 month ago
- HRD Minister releases Knowledge Paper at FICCI Higher Education Summit 2014Posted 1 month ago
- Bridging the Student-Teacher GapPosted 2 months ago
- Higher Investment Crucial to Improving QualityPosted 2 months ago
- Developing Personalities Through DramaPosted 2 months ago
CBSE announces Self Assessment Test for Class 10 Students
Posted on May 15, 2012
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will be conducting an optional proficiency test for students appearing for class 10 exams in July to evaluate the aptitude before choosing a stream.
Students will be able to measure their skills and abilities in a particular domain or subject, while the schools will get feedback on the learning levels among their students.
The test will be conducted for five main subjects like English, mathematics, social sciences, science and Hindi from July 9 to 13. A student may appear in one or more subjects depending upon their choice.
The core testing element of such a test will include observing, comparing, classifying, solving, translating, interpreting, analysing, synthesising, creating, composing, deducing, justifying and judging/evaluating.