- KVs to impart German in its schoolsPosted 14 hours ago
- Kerala- no longer hundred per cent in literacy?Posted 2 days ago
- Volunteering Skill EducationPosted 2 days ago
- Empowering girl education worldwidePosted 3 weeks ago
- Two Indian Institutes Make a Mark in World’s Top 200Posted 3 weeks ago
- Microsoft to digitise Maharashtra village, impart skills to youthPosted 3 weeks ago
- Vega schools to shell out Rs 200 crore for local expansionPosted 3 weeks ago
- Soft skills in technical curriculum soonPosted 3 weeks ago
- ‘Need a school every seven minutes’Posted 3 weeks ago
- Now, A Portal for GeographyPosted 3 weeks ago
CBSE announces Self Assessment Test for Class 10 Students
Posted on May 15, 2012
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will be conducting an optional proficiency test for students appearing for class 10 exams in July to evaluate the aptitude before choosing a stream.
Students will be able to measure their skills and abilities in a particular domain or subject, while the schools will get feedback on the learning levels among their students.
The test will be conducted for five main subjects like English, mathematics, social sciences, science and Hindi from July 9 to 13. A student may appear in one or more subjects depending upon their choice.
The core testing element of such a test will include observing, comparing, classifying, solving, translating, interpreting, analysing, synthesising, creating, composing, deducing, justifying and judging/evaluating.