- TISS partners with GKD for vocational schoolPosted 3 weeks ago
- DU introduces environment studies as a compulsory coursePosted 3 weeks ago
- 1000 US academics to teach in Indian UniversitiesPosted 3 weeks ago
- Modi government to launch E-librariesPosted 3 weeks ago
- India may soon launch MOOCS with American UniversitiesPosted 3 weeks ago
- School Education Board Secretary’s degree invalid: Punjab Govt to HCPosted 1 month ago
- School body serves Maharashtra Government notice over RTE fundsPosted 1 month ago
- Cambridge partners with Indian institutes for English assessmentPosted 1 month ago
- ‘Reservation’ to ensure equal opportunities for all: Hamid AnsariPosted 1 month ago
- Pune institutes to educate students on space sciencePosted 1 month ago
CBSE announces Self Assessment Test for Class 10 Students
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will be conducting an optional proficiency test for students appearing for class 10 exams in July to evaluate the aptitude before choosing a stream.
Students will be able to measure their skills and abilities in a particular domain or subject, while the schools will get feedback on the learning levels among their students.
The test will be conducted for five main subjects like English, mathematics, social sciences, science and Hindi from July 9 to 13. A student may appear in one or more subjects depending upon their choice.
The core testing element of such a test will include observing, comparing, classifying, solving, translating, interpreting, analysing, synthesising, creating, composing, deducing, justifying and judging/evaluating.