- Boys campaigning for girls’ education in RajasthanPosted 6 days ago
- Andhra wants to make Kuchipudi compulsoryPosted 1 week ago
- 78% Indian teachers support mobile devices in classPosted 2 weeks ago
- Australia looks forward to enhance education ties with IndiaPosted 2 weeks ago
- Career options in medical educationPosted 2 weeks ago
- CET 2015 by DAVV on June 4Posted 3 weeks ago
- “India among world’s top 5 MBA destinations”Posted 3 weeks ago
- Harvard’s international office soon in MumbaiPosted 3 weeks ago
- Need Concerted efforts to improve education system: Wipro ChairmanPosted 3 weeks ago
- Gujarat University may close down external coursesPosted 4 weeks ago
CBSE announces Self Assessment Test for Class 10 Students
Posted on May 15, 2012
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will be conducting an optional proficiency test for students appearing for class 10 exams in July to evaluate the aptitude before choosing a stream.
Students will be able to measure their skills and abilities in a particular domain or subject, while the schools will get feedback on the learning levels among their students.
The test will be conducted for five main subjects like English, mathematics, social sciences, science and Hindi from July 9 to 13. A student may appear in one or more subjects depending upon their choice.
The core testing element of such a test will include observing, comparing, classifying, solving, translating, interpreting, analysing, synthesising, creating, composing, deducing, justifying and judging/evaluating.