- We must revitalise research and development in our country, says PresidentPosted 8 days ago
- Kozhikode authorities to float tenders to set-up digital classrooms in 22 schoolsPosted 9 days ago
- Oxford University Press organises digital learning workshop for teachersPosted 10 days ago
- US university to establish high-tech pathology lab in HyderabadPosted 11 days ago
- Every university should identify one department that can be developed into a centre of excellence, says PresidentPosted 11 days ago
- Minister of HRD to visit US for dialogue on higher educationPosted 11 days ago
- Knowing Gujarat SSC/HSC Board results just a SMS awayPosted 12 days ago
- International studies centre to up come at Aligarh Muslim UniversityPosted 12 days ago
- Govt to set up National Skill Development Agency (NSDA)Posted 12 days ago
- Maha Govt to set-up nursing and paramedical education boardPosted 12 days ago
Dassault Systemes, Shanghai Municipal Engineering Design Institute to Open a Joint R&D Center
Dassault Systèmes, the 3D Experience Company and Shanghai Municipal Engineering Design Institute (Group) Co. Ltd (SMEDI), Chinese public engineering companies, today announced that they will jointly open a new R&D center in Shanghai, China, to develop industry solution experiences for civil engineering and infrastructure construction professionals, based on Dassault Systèmes’ 3D Experience platform. Dedicated to bridge projects, water supply and wastewater treatment installations, roads, rail systems, as well as open and underground buildings, the R&D center will open in August 2012.
Dassault Systèmes’ 3D Experience platform provides civil engineering and infrastructure construction professionals with a unique, open, collaborative environment, enabling them to design, simulate and manage any scale of infrastructure project, reducing errors and bringing projects in on-time and on-budget, safely.
“As the world leader in 3D design, 3D Digital Mock Up and PLM, Dassault Systèmes solutions have been successfully deployed in many industries,” said Wei Tang, Chairman, SMEDI. “We strongly believe that they can bring significant value in addressing the needs of civil engineering and construction companies, as demonstrated by leading construction customer projects in recent years. Leveraging Dassault Systèmes’ 3D Experience platform for civil engineering, we are confident in our competitiveness in maximizing our productivity and minimizing errors in all our future projects.”