- We must revitalise research and development in our country, says PresidentPosted 37 days ago
- Kozhikode authorities to float tenders to set-up digital classrooms in 22 schoolsPosted 37 days ago
- Oxford University Press organises digital learning workshop for teachersPosted 38 days ago
- US university to establish high-tech pathology lab in HyderabadPosted 40 days ago
- Every university should identify one department that can be developed into a centre of excellence, says PresidentPosted 40 days ago
- Minister of HRD to visit US for dialogue on higher educationPosted 40 days ago
- Knowing Gujarat SSC/HSC Board results just a SMS awayPosted 40 days ago
- International studies centre to up come at Aligarh Muslim UniversityPosted 41 days ago
- Govt to set up National Skill Development Agency (NSDA)Posted 41 days ago
- Maha Govt to set-up nursing and paramedical education boardPosted 41 days ago
Vanguard Business School Organises the Induction day for PGPM Batch
Vanguard Business School, Bangalore has organised the Induction day for the PGPM batch of 2012-2014 at its Bangalore campus. The Induction day was inaugurated by the Chief Mentor of Vanguard Business School and Guest of Honour, M S Ganesh, Managing Director, Dynatech Furnaces. He enlightened the students about today’s Indian business environment and motivated them to overcome challenges to make a name for themselves in this thriving economy. He was positive that the talent that comes out of Vanguard Business School will be able to make a positive contribution to the Indian corporate world.
Over the past one year, students at Vanguard Business School have been taught exclusively by set of teachers who come from prominent B-School backgrounds like IIM, XLRI and IIFT. The students have been taught by some eminent and well known professors in the country. Vanguard Business School recently completed their first Summer Internship Process. The results were very impressive with more than 27 companies participating in the process and there were almost 46 final offers for a batch of 38 students. During the duration of the course the students were also put through a business simulation workshop which was assessed by eminent professors from RPI, New York and IIT Kanpur.
Speaking during the induction session ARKS Srinivas, Director, Vanguard Business School, Bangalore said, “VBS Curriculum and Pedagogy believes in the Revolutionary ASK model that believes in building Attitude, Skills and Knowledge by going beyond merely classroom teaching and incorporates student activities, Corporate interactions, Industry internships and Live Projects as well as access to industry experts from top B-schools who provide mentorship to our students.”
Addressing the students and faculty Ulhas Vairagkar, Director, Vanguard Business School said, “The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. VBS strongly believes in corporate exposure as being invaluable to students who want to become successful frontline managers.”
Some other eminent guests at the induction included Bhimesh Athwani, Founder and CEO, Xplore 360, Kishore Kannan, Executive Director, Invest Banking, Operations, J P Morgan, Dr R Dorai, CEO, HARTECH Consultants etc.