Organisation: National Informatics Centre, Government of India
Description: Saksham was initiated as a project of hope for children belonging to the weaker sections and uphold their right-to-education. The project have used IT based initiative for electronic transfer of scholarships directly to the bank account of beneficiaries. It manages the scholarship system right from the primary stage till the student attains professional qualifications.
Target Group: Students of economically weaker sections
• The project also facilitates about 20 lakhs students belonging to the BPL families to pursue higher education
• The project has already benefited more than 40 million students. Around 1900 crores are being electronically distributed through the system annually
Organisation: District Panchayat, Lal Darwaja, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Objective: Helping rural children learn through ICT to bridge the rural divide between government and private schools
Description: The concept of Smart School in government primary schools has introduced with a vision to enable students to learn through technology in order to make education simple and interesting. However, the motto of introduction of Smart School is not only to build Techno Schools but also to make the entire environment of learning Smart. This is possible by introducing a single portable device,which is both a computer and projector with the in-built interactive software with touch screen facilities with calibration.
Target Group: Rural children of primary school of Ahmedabad
• Rural children have got faith of learning through information technology
• Rural children understood difficult concepts
• Better utilisation on the resources of the school
• Capacity building of teacher and digitisation education material
Click here to read more details about this initiative
|Computer Aided LearningOrganisation: Gujarat Council of Primary Education (GCPE), SSA Mission, Education Department, Government of Gujarat
Implementing Agency: IL&FS Objective: The main objective of the CAL programme is to attract the children, retain them in the schools and to improve the quality of the educationthrough introduction of IT and educational applications such as multimedia based educational content
Description: Government of Gujarat rolled out Computer Aided Learning (CAL) programme in primary schools of Gujarat. This programme will improve the IT literacy in the rural areas.
Target Group: Students of government schools in Gujarat Achievements
• IT Enablement of 5180 Schools
• Facilitating CAL to more than 9,32,500 students
• Employment for more than 5,500 local resources in the state
• Capacity Building of 25,900Teachers through IT Training Workshops
• IT Certification from Gujarat Knowledge Society Click here to read more details about this initiative
|Vignana YathreOrganisation: Department of State Education Research and Training, Karnataka
Implementing Agency: Intel Technology Pvt Ltd
Objective: To spread awareness on importance of science education,create action plans and showcase models to strengthen existing government eco system Vignana Yathre is a joint initiative by DSERT, Karnataka and Intel to take the spirit of inquiry-based learning closer to he students and teachers who shape the future.It follows a two pronged approach. Vignana Yathre has created ripple effect in strengthening 224 science centers and has roped in more partners like Agastya Foundation in the journey to build strong science education in Karnataka.
• Vignana Yathre model is being implemented in Uttar Pradesh
• Renewed and rejuvenated 224 science centers in Karnataka state
by training science teachers on inquiry-based approaches
• Intel Future Scientist course provided science teachers with ideas
and techniques to develop an inquiry-based lesson Click here to read more details about this initiative
|eScholarship Management SystemOrganisation: Directorate of Information Technology, Government of Maharashtra
Implementing Agency: School Education and Sports Department,Government of Maharashtra
Objective: The eScholarship Management System automates streamlines and effectively manages the processes related to application receipt,processing, sanction and disbursal of Pre-Metric Scholarship to students
Description: School Education department was using a manual system for the implementation of scholarships,which was extremely time consuming and prone to errors and duplication.To overcome these shortcomings, it hasbeen decided to launch an eScholarship management system (EMS) for scholarship application, review and disbursal.
Target Group: Minority student having family income below one lakh per annum
• During 2012-2013, a total of 18 lakh students applied for the scholarship.
• It drastically cuts down the time taken for manual process Click here to read more details about this initiative
Online Examination Management System
Organisation: Directorate of Information Technology, Government of Maharashtra
Objective: To implement an examination management system that is reliable, efficient and transparent in all universities in
Implementing Agency: Higher and Technical Education Department,Government of Maharashtra
Description: Online Examination Management System is being implemented in all Universities in Maharashtra in Public Private Partnership model. This solution shall be effectively used for management of examinations system in universities to usher in greater efficiency, transparency and reliability.
Target Group: Students of Maharashtra Achievements
• Timely conduct of examination and
issuance of results
• Reducing expenditure and logistics
• Faster process of examination system
and result declaration
• Going online globally
Perspective Plan for Technical Education
Organisation: Directorate of Information Technology, Government of Maharashtra Implementing Agency: Higher and Technical Education Department, Government of Maharashtra
Objective: To help the department exploit opportunities and bridge the gap between envisaged future vision and current state.
Description: Government of Maharashtra has developed the Perspective Plan for Technical Education in Maharashtra. The Perspective Plan provides specific and measurable goals, which are to be executed in five academic years to enhance access, excellence and inclusion in technical education in Maharashtra.
Target Group: Students studying across numerous Technical Institutes in Maharashtra
• It has bought in greater transparency in sanctioning approvals as the procedure is clearly
• Institutes can plan their expansion very much in advance due to Perspective Plan
• Similar Perspective Plan is being planned for other fields of higher education
ICT Enablement of IDOL, University Of Mumbai
Organisation: Mahaonline Ltd (A Joint Venture between Government of Maharashtra and TCS)Implementing Agency: Directorate of Information Technology,Government of Maharashtra
Description: Taking advantage of electronic media and Internet facilities available, Mumbai university has taken up the initiative to
make the admission process for IDOL online University of Mumbai runs distance education programmes through Institute of Distance
and Open Learning (IDOL). Mahaonline has developed a portal for Online Admission System for approximately 84,000 students.There are about 15 programmes and 34 courses in the institute.The project also aims at allowing students to download their eidentityand e-hall tickets for examination purposes.Target Group: HSC passed, College Students, Working Professionals
• Hassle free admission process, with proper cut off dates, online payment options, timely status reports to departments,resulted in substantial increase in number of admissions from 30,000 yearly to more than 80,000
• Reduced paper work for the department
|My School e-School
Organisation: District Panchayat, Kutch, Gujarat
Grab the opportunity to meet the who's who from the world of education. Join us for World Education Summit in New Delhi on 9-10th August 2018. It will be a wonderful occasion to explore business opportunities. Like us on Facebook, connect with us on LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter.