Skill Development Training Programme
Organisation: Centre for Entrepreneurship Development Madhya Pradesh (CEDMAP)
Objective: The prime objective of the project was to impart appropriate trainings to all un-skilled, semi-skilled
Description: The District Urban Development Agency (DUDA), Ujjain and Directorate of Town Administration and Development, Government of Madhya Pradesh selected CEDMAP as its Implementing Agency (IA) for their prestigious Skill Development Training Programme in MP. Target Group: Un-skilled, semiskilled household assistants and workers
• CEDMAP’s success has greatly contributed to bringing in remarkable change in the socio-economic
conditions of their families
• Skoch Financial Inclusion Award 2013 along with the Certificate of Merit for Gender Empowerment under
Mukhyamantri Shehri Gharelu Kamkaji Mahila Yojana
Imparting Quality Education
Organisation: Shri Ram Education Trust
Objective: To impart quality education and to enable students to lead their lives in a more accomplished way.
Description: Shri Ram Education Trust has been founded with a vision to create, promote, support and manage educational institutes from pre-school to university level. The Trust also envisions contributing to the well being of children, the environment, communities and mankind through well planned activities. Target Group: Middle and lower class
• The trust has opened world class schools across India
• The trust is approaching its goal of the school expansion program in India and abroad
A Global Educational Initiative
Organisation: Indian Spinal Injuries Centre
Implementing Agency: International Spinal Cord Society
Objective: This project was aimed at developing a web-based teaching and educational resource
Description: The portal addresses the lack of professional development opportunities for health professionals involved in SCI management due to the limited access of current training and learning material.
Target Group: Health professionals working in the field of SCI, patients/ consumers and families, policy makers and government officials
• Involvement of professionals from around the world has resulted in offers of support to lead on translations into different languages
• The effort has led to the strengthening of discipline specific networks of professionals
• It is successfully helping in spreading awareness about SCI across the globe among the professionals and the patients/ consumers
Women Empowerment through ICT
Organisation: Abbasi Charitable & Educational Society (ACES)
Objective: To enhance the skill levels of women students to prepare
them for employment in the IT, BPO and other industries
Description: ACES is setting up computer training centres in rural areas run by women. This centre will provide women with vocational and job-oriented courses like basic computer training and other courses.
Target Group: Women, adolescent girls and unemployment youth
• Privileged and less privileged poor and Dalit adolescent girls are endowed with employable skills
• Privileged and less privileged poor and Dalit adolescent girls are able to earn their livelihood and upgrade their socio-economic status
• These girls families would be able to acquire assets and livestock and that would lead to reduced poverty, hunger and dependency
Organisation: PIsha Education
Objective: Isha Vidhya aims to provide high quality school education to rural children who cannot otherwise afford it
Description: Isha Vidhya’s English-medium schools open the door for rural children to successfully pursue higher studies and gainful employment. The holistic, activity-based approach nurtures children’s development beyond just academics, ensuring that students realise their full potential and learn in a joyful manner.
Target Group: Economically backward rural children
• Noon-meal kitchen started in all seven schools in Tamil Nadu and nutritious meal at highly subsidised rate provided to all children in 2011
• A new school started at Vanavasi, Salem District in 2010
• Tribal children given full support besides tuition and notebooks
Training Working Professionals
Organisation: Indian Institute of Financial Accounts & Information Technology
Objective: IIFA helps Students attain outstanding Career in the field of Commerce, Finance, Accounts, and IT
Description: IIFA was established in 2009 with the primary objective of providing world class quality accounts & IT and management education to budding professionals,
to create Accountants for the 21st Century.
Target Group: People and handicapped students who are not able to pay the money
• Best Education Award from Uttar Pradesh Education Minister
• “Srestha Gurujan Award” from Jyoti Vidyapeeth University, Rajasthan
• Best Excellence Award from Bajaj Hindusthan Ltd, India
Empowering Deaf Kids throughMobile Phones
Organisation: Sounds of Silence (SOS)
Objective: The main objective is to break a social stereotype wherein deaf and mute children find it difficult to openly communicate with people due to lack proper training
Description: Sounds of Silence started with a simple idea of giving deaf and mute children old donated mobile Phones for communicating to the outer world. SOS is a leadership initiative which is aimed at freeing a million lives from the pain of silence and lack of expression.
Target Group: Deaf and mute children from the underprivileged sector- age group 12-18 years
• SOS, within a time frame of six months empowers 500+ deaf and mute children in Mumbai and Delhi alone through SMS communication technology target
• SOS has reached from a team of 5 volunteers to 90 volunteers in a span of just two months
• A stupendous Increase in IQ in Deaf/Mute kids within 3 months of time across India
Grab the opportunity to meet the who's who from the world of education. Join us for World Education Summit in New Delhi on 9-10th August 2018. It will be a wonderful occasion to explore business opportunities. Like us on Facebook, connect with us on LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter.