Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Australia on cooperation in the fields of education, training and research. The costs of the cooperative activities under this MoU will be funded on mutually agreed terms and will be subject to availability of funds.
The MoU will help intensify existing partnerships between India and Australia in higher education and research, including technical and professional education, schools, vocational education and training and will open up new inovative areas of cooperation.
The main objective of this MoU are:
- Consideration of expansion of the Australia India Education Council membership from time to time to ensure appropriate representation from academia, policy makers and industry as required and agreed.
- Strengthening the policy dialogue and exchange in areas of mutual benefit, including qualification and quality frameworks and standards for education, research and training.
- Supporting mobility of students and faculty members through formal exchange programmes, internships and other modalities.
- Improving credit transfer arrangements and work towards qualifications recognition between Australia and India.
- Supporting and organising professional development programme for subject experts, educational administrators, faculty members and teachers.
- Encouraging twinning arrangements between institutions of higher learning and organisation of joint research programmes and publications
- Encouraging research collaboration between institutions of higher learning to enlarge the scope for joint research, joint Ph. D. programmes and joint degrees
- Sharing best practice education materials including research materials, publications, and educational literature
- Supporting skills development through joint conferences, seminars, policy dialogue and technical cooperation in national standards development
- Strengthening communication for exchange of information on new policy initiatives and opportunities for development of education, training and research activities of both countries
- Further develop bilateral programmes between institutions of educational excellence in technical, vocational, schools and higher education, subject to availability of funds and
- Any other activity as mutually determined by both parties.
Grab the opportunity to meet the who's who from the world of education. Join us for World Education Summit in New Delhi on 9-10th August 2018. It will be a wonderful occasion to explore business opportunities. Like us on Facebook, connect with us on LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter.