The University Grants Commission (UGC) has released a list of 24 fake universities functioning in India.
A notice issued by UGC in the interest of students read, “Students and public at large are informed that at present following 24 self-styled and unrecognised institutions are functioning in contravention of the UGC Act in various parts of the country. These universities have been declared as fake and are not entitled to confer any degrees.
Uttar Pradesh and Delhi top the list with eight fake universities in each state. Other fake universities are located in the states like Odisha, West Bengal, Bihar, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Puducherry.
State-wise list of 24 fake universities in India is as follows:
- National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy, Kanpur
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University), Aligarh
- Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, Kosi Kalan, Mathura
- Maharana Pratap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya, Pratapgarh
- Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi
- Mahila Gram Vidyapith/Vishwavidyalaya, (Women’s University), Allahabad
- Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, Prayag, Allahabad
- Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad, Institutional Area, Khod
- ADR-Centric Juridical University
- Indian Institute of Science and Engineering
- Viswakarma Open University for Self-Employment
- Commercial University Ltd., Daryaganj
- United Nations University
- Vocational University
- Adhyatmik Vishwavidyalaya (Spiritual University)
- Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya
- Nababharat Shiksha Parishad, Anupoorna Bhawan, Rourkela
- North Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology
- Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine, Kolkata
- Institute of Alternative Medicine and Research, Kolkata
- Maithili University/Vishwavidyalaya, Darbhanga
- Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society, Belgaum
- St John’s University, Kishanattam
- Raja Arabic University, Nagpur
- Sree Bodhi Academy of Higher Education
UGC released a list of fake universities last year as well which included Maithili Vishwavidyalaya, Darbhanga (Bihar); Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi (UP); Commercial University Ltd Daryaganj (New Delhi); United Nations University, Delhi and Vocational University, Delhi.
Grab the opportunity to meet the who's who from the world of education. Join us for Higher Education and Human Resource Conclave Jaipur on 24th-25th September 2018. It will be a wonderful occasion to explore business opportunities. Like us on Facebook, connect with us on LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter.