The Department of Education (DepEd) of Philippines has released its plan to pursue its ICT for Education (ICT4E) agenda for Filipino students specially in the far-flung areas of the country.
The ICT4E agenda focuses on five areas:
1) Learning Goals and Instructional Design: This defines DepEd's goal of producing graduates who have acquired 21st century skills and who can pass internationally benchmarked achievement exams.
2) e-Services Definition and Usability Standard: It underscores the importance of defining the Internet-based services most suitably.
3) Learning Infrastructure and Digital Solutions: This stresses the need to define the infrastructure and digital solutions most suited for particular education requirements.
4) Open Content and Multimedia Learning Resources: This looks into the potential of social media content as well as providing solutions to the pitfalls of such user-generated resources.
5) ICT Competency Standards and Capability Building: It highlights both the need for creating competency standards for ICT in education and the need to empower teachers and administrators through effective ICT training.