- Dr B.S. Satyanarayan appointed as Pro-Vice Chancellor of BML Munjal UnivPosted 5 hours ago
- India inks pact with AustraliaPosted 2 weeks ago
- Aiming for a bright futurePosted 2 months ago
- Technology aided education for a smarter futurePosted 3 months ago
- Punjab Government emphasise on quality educationPosted 4 months ago
- Government emphasise to give facilities to differently abled studentsPosted 4 months ago
- Empowering talent in Tier II and III citiesPosted 4 months ago
- Maharashtra government tracks dropout ratesPosted 4 months ago
- Pranab Mukherjee visits Russia to strengthen education tiesPosted 4 months ago
- Incubation centres at all higher education institutes in DelhiPosted 4 months ago
AICTE to implement NVEQF for technical education
Posted on September 19, 2011
Ministry of Human Resource Development has announced National Vocational Education Qualification Framework (NVEQF) programme for polytechnic and engineering colleges to transform Indian workforce to become knowledgeable, skilled and adaptable to the demands of new labor market.
Kapil Sibal, Minister of Human Resource development said , ” I am pleased to note that AICTE is planning to implement the NVEQF at the post-secondary level through the medium of Polytechnics and engineering colleges and has prepared curriculum content in a variety of skills with industry participation.
The unique part of the vocational framework is that it will be integrated with mainstream education and thus provide students multi-level entry and exit options to enable them to seek employment after class XII. Any student under NVEQF can be sure that the institution is government authorised and nationally accredited and that the degree and other qualifications are genuine, said AICTE chairman S S Mantha. The framework would link schools, vocational and university education qualifications into one national system. National Skill Development Council is in the process of launching the 'national occupational standards' supporting NVEQF.
Skilling Youth, Skilling India
Come, be a part of the global knowledge sharing platform!
For details visit: wes.eletsonline.com/2015/