- We must revitalise research and development in our country, says PresidentPosted 301 days ago
- Kozhikode authorities to float tenders to set-up digital classrooms in 22 schoolsPosted 301 days ago
- Oxford University Press organises digital learning workshop for teachersPosted 302 days ago
- US university to establish high-tech pathology lab in HyderabadPosted 304 days ago
- Every university should identify one department that can be developed into a centre of excellence, says PresidentPosted 304 days ago
- Minister of HRD to visit US for dialogue on higher educationPosted 304 days ago
- Knowing Gujarat SSC/HSC Board results just a SMS awayPosted 304 days ago
- International studies centre to up come at Aligarh Muslim UniversityPosted 305 days ago
- Govt to set up National Skill Development Agency (NSDA)Posted 305 days ago
- Maha Govt to set-up nursing and paramedical education boardPosted 305 days ago
AICTE to implement NVEQF for technical education
Ministry of Human Resource Development has announced National Vocational Education Qualification Framework (NVEQF) programme for polytechnic and engineering colleges to transform Indian workforce to become knowledgeable, skilled and adaptable to the demands of new labor market.
Kapil Sibal, Minister of Human Resource development said , ” I am pleased to note that AICTE is planning to implement the NVEQF at the post-secondary level through the medium of Polytechnics and engineering colleges and has prepared curriculum content in a variety of skills with industry participation.
The unique part of the vocational framework is that it will be integrated with mainstream education and thus provide students multi-level entry and exit options to enable them to seek employment after class XII. Any student under NVEQF can be sure that the institution is government authorised and nationally accredited and that the degree and other qualifications are genuine, said AICTE chairman S S Mantha. The framework would link schools, vocational and university education qualifications into one national system. National Skill Development Council is in the process of launching the 'national occupational standards' supporting NVEQF.