|Centre of Relevance & Excellence in Industrial A&R
Organisation: Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College, Uttar Pradesh
3-D Simulation and Virtual Reality Techniques
Organisation: Jaipur Engineering College and Research Centre, Rajasthan
Objective: Research and engineering education for students using the latest technology of 3D drawings and real-life simulation.
Description: JECRC is working on robotics, simulations, signaling at one edge, data mining, artificial intelligence on the other goal with a blend of cognitive sciences for therapeutics and neuro linguistic languages in a combination not only this the foundation is also busy in searching for novel leads for disabled.
• Virtual Laboratory (V-Lab); Texas Instruments (TI) Laboratory
• Microsoft i-Spark Centre |JECRC Innovation Academy
• Robolab; DST Centre with Potentials for Excellence
M A M College of Engineering – WIPRO Mission10x Collaboration
Organisation: M A M College of Engineering, Tamil Nadu
Objective: Building conducive learning environment through pedagogy training.To encourage innovations in engineering education through active sharing and by exposing students to industry relevant projects and environment.
Description: WIPRO provided training to faculty for use of technology for teachinglearning process and various technically-advanced methodologies like use of existing video lectures, involving social networking, webinars for teaching to increase the employability of students.
• 140 teachers have been trained in pedagogy usage by WIPRO’s Mission10x – 47 advanced level
• TCS ion, the complete campus management solution involving cloud platform, for transparent teaching. The network created for sharing innovations through ULTP by WIPRO’s Mission10X through Webinars
|Centre for Research, Innovation & Development
Organisation: Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Sci enceand Technology, Haryana
Objective: To provide an enabling environment for holistic development of students, faculty and budding entrepreneurs by nurturing innovative ideas for turning them into reality.
Description: Centre for Research Innovation & Development (CRID)is established under the aegis of Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science & Technology, Sonipat, Haryana with a vision to collaborate with the industry to undertake cross-functional research and development.
• Two companies have been selected for establishing a Research and Development Centre under R&D unit of CRID
• Entrepreneurship Unit under CRID has organised one-day entrepreneurship camp for the students
• The R&D unit has organised one-day workshop for budding researchers
• Research profile of the university has been circulated to all leading companies for future R&D tie-ups
Construction Skill Training Institute
Organisation: Construction Skill Training Institute, Abul khurana, Punjab
Objective: To fill the gap of training standards among students and requirement of really skilled manpower by construction companies.
Description: This is an international level joint venture of Punjab Government and Larsen & Toubro Limited. It provides 100 percent placement and 100 percent fee reimbursement after successful completion of course from December 2008. The Punjab Government is now going to replicate this experiment all over the state.
• 100 percent Placement in various international companies like L&T, Omaxe, DLF, etc
• Quality training as per demand of the industry, under the supervision of reputed experts
• 13 acre well-maintained 100 percent residential campus/ free hostel
• Fully accredited with DGE&T and Director Technical Education & Industrial Training, Punjab
Innovative Steps taken for Placement, Consultancy & Training
Organisation: SAL Institute of Technology Engineering Research, Gujarat
Objective: To boost the career of students by giving them more opportunity for job, to bridge the gap between industry
and academics, and to encourage students to start their own firm.
Description: Students of final year are offered stipend from the industries for their innovation in industrial ‘Shodh Yatra’. 100 percent industry defined projects are done for all branches so that students can work on some real-life challenges. Encouraging entrepreneurship values in students through Entrepreneur Development Cell (EDP).
• Initiative taken for this project has been highlighted & acknowledged by the award from GTU
• Many students have started their own organisations & signed MoU with EDP
• Collaboration with Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland, for higher studies
• Established the students’ chapter ACCE(1)- Ahmedabad Centre, Gujarat
Bridging the Industrial and Academia Divide at Hindustan University
Organisation: Hindustan University, Chennai
Objective: The main objective of this project is to bridge the gap between academia and Industry. Thereby, providing well-groomed, employable students to take up the challenges in the industry.
Description: BIADH (Bridging the industrial and academia divide at Hindustan University) project was started with an aim to bridge the gap between academia and industry and to increase the employability rate and to produce the industry-ready workforce. It also provides better teaching-learning ambience and increase the technical knowledge
of students and staff.
• Campus placement – steady increase in the placement every year
• Increased exposure to the developments in the industry for staff and students
• Reduction in overheads like, cost, space, time and resources
• Better skilled students are produced
ICT Enabled Initiatives by PIMR
Organisation: Prestige Institute of Management and Research
Objective: To be a leader in professional education, research and development.
Description: PIMR has been imparting professional education & stands among the top-level B-Schools. It has been accorded autonomous status & accredited by NAAC, AICTE, NBA, and IAO. It is having permanent affiliation with DAVV, Indore. PIMR promotes various activities, which serve professional & intellectual interests of students. It has a placement & corporate relations cell.
• Autonomous Institute by UGS in 2006, extended in 2012
• NBA accredited in 2000 for its MBA programme
• Institute is accredited with grade-A by NAAC, UGC
• International Accreditation by IAO
• Research Focus: Currently the institute has 101 research scholars and 21 PhD guides
|Academy Industry Connect
Objective: To connect with industry.
Description: LPU has made an attempt to bridge this chasm, by facilitating closer collaboration of academia and industry in which the industry shares with the University the type of human resource it desires and expects from the higher education sector; and the University tries to refurbish its curriculum, pedagogy and practical learning in accordance to industry requirements.
• The University has been able to keep its curriculum in sync with the requirements of the industry
• The R&D activities of the University have seen a major increase
• The University has been able to enter into a number of alliances in India and abroad
• The University has surfaced as a respectable name in consultancy in recent time
• The University has also kick-started various short-term courses to groom practicing professional
Skill Enhancement Programme
Organisation: NRI Institute of Information Science and Technology
Objective: To train the students as per industry need.
Description: A four-year integrated programme is implemented for students to enhance skills of students to meet cut-throat competition and make them match the cutting edge technology. This programme enables them to meet PSU as well as modern industry requirements.
• Students from six states are taking summer training in the institute for HP
• Students of five colleges are taking summer training in IIT – Resource Centre by Sine IIT
• As a result of vigorous training students have acquired packages of 24 & 10 lakhs
• Almost all students of the 2013 batch are placed with packages ranging two to 24 lakhs
• Students got selected in IES, ISRO, DRDO, BHEL, UPSC and many more PSUs
Highest Industrial Alliances
Organisation: Arya Institute of Engineering and Technology
Objective: To create a progressive academic environment for the students to achieve quality techno-managerial skills and become innovative and creative professionals who can contribute to the development.
Description: Arya Institute of Engineering & Technology is the TCS iON which is biggest online examination agency in India has Certified Arya Institute as ‘A’ Category Institute possessing best IT Infrastructure and deeply appreciates the contribution of Arya Institute in hosting big prestigious online examinations.
• TCS-iON certified best it infrastructure.
• Wipro’s first nodal centre for MTLC Labs
• CISCO certified labs & secured network
• Infosys Campus Connect partner college
• Unisys innovation & learning centre
Minimise Excesses Components in Engine Assembly
Organisation: KCG College of Technology
Objective: Consultancy to automotive industry
Description: The emerging era of science based collaboration between academia and industry offers advantages to both
entities. When academia industry partnerships work well they can facilitate research discoveries. It is an initiative to offer consultancy to BMW.
• Knowledge about the automotive spare parts
• Knowledge of dismantling and assembling of an car engine
• Knowledge of world class assembly
• Knowledge of lead time in production
• Knowledge of logistics
|Design and Development of Three Wheeler for Physically Challenged
Organisation: Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science
Objective: Intended to make a physically challenged a self reliant (employment)
Description: This project is for the orthopedically handicapped – such a person can use the three wheeler (AUTORICKSHAW) to make a living. The controls are tailor made and are fully operable by hands alone.
• Smaller and compact customized wheel chair
• Easy ingress and egress into Auto
• User friendly operations of various switches and control like brake, flip type door, etc.
• Simple automatic mechanism to raise the wheel chair
• Easy system adoptability of the physically challenged person
Connect with decision-makers from 300+ Schools, 100+ Preschools, 20+ Government Dignitaries & 10+ Investors at power-packed Elets 6th School Leadership Summit on 24 February, 2018 in New Delhi.