Category: Maths Lab
NIIT’s Math Lab builds an appealing world full of color, touch, sound and exploration around the ‘dry’ subject of Mathematics. It comes with multiple Teaching and Learning Aids like Technology Applications, Videos, Manipulative, Measuring Instruments, Tables and Charts. Theme based ambience complete with chairs, tables, posters, floor tiles which creates the right environment.
It helps student understanding Math concepts using concrete objects and improve confidence through learning by doing. It helps teachers to give individual attention to students, promote project based learning.
This unique digital lab is the perfect mixture of technology enabled learning and has the following unique features:
- Opportunities for students to explore, reflect and interpret ideas presented through various media
- Exposure to a variety of strategies and perspectives in solving problems individually and collaboratively
- Facility to frame and test hypothesis, identify, describe, formulate and reformulate problems
- Availability of models, Charts, Teaching Aids, Manipulative and Interactive activities to verify math facts and properties
- Specialized Software tools such as Geometer’s Sketchpad to enhance the learning of subjects like Geometry, Algebra and Trigonometry more interactively
Math Lab comes with complete hardware, software and infrastructure support. It comes with computers loaded with Windows XP, Antivirus software and Geometer’s Sketch pad for students and teacher. Multimedia based Teaching Learning Material with 487 Activities, Teaching aids like Manipulative, Posters, Charts, Graphs, Measuring Instruments, Faculty Guide and Videos. Theme based ambience with chairs, tables, posters, floor tiles which creates the right environment. The price range is Rs.10-15 lacs.