Games and sports form an integral part of school curriculum. It is our constant endeavour to involve more and more students to take part in various games.
The school has proper facilities for the disciplines like Athletics, Badminton, Basketball Netball, Football, Volleyball, Cricket, Skating ring, and Yoga, etc. We have yoga period for every class to teach mental relaxation, good health and to help our students develop good personality.
Tell us about the sports infrastructure and solutions installed at the school.
St Mary’s School, Dwarka, has facilities for cricket and football with designated grounds for each, along with basketball, volleyball and badminton courts.
We have outsourced introduction of new sports at the school to the company called Sportseed. They have helped us introduce archery into the list of sports available at the school.
Smt Lilavatibai Podar High School encourages its students to participate in sporting events like Table Tennis, Lawn Tennis, Cricket, Football, Chess, Swimming, and Gymnastics
Sports infrastructure at school
At a distance of three furlongs from the school building, the school has Podar Sport Academy and ground, where students are taken regularly for their Physical Education Class and coached for athletics, cricket, football, basketball, table tennis, and throw ball. Indoor sporting activities like gymnastics, karate, chess, carom, table tennis and skating are also taken care of.
Sports assessment system at School
Students are assessed on the following descriptors:
• Displays an innate talent in an identified sport and appreciates importance of good health
• Demonstrate endurance and strength to perform well
• Ability to move quickly
• Displays agility, coordination and balance and is able to change direction quickly during any game/match.
• Display healthy team spirit and discipline on and off the field
• Displays leadership skills, a high level of responsibility and is self motivated
• Is an inspiration or is able to inspire other members of the school
Tie-up for sports infrastructure
The Podar Sports Academy has qualified and experienced coaches from Sports Authority of India and National Institute of Sports. Students are given training in various disciplines like athletics, Basketball, Chess, Cricket, Football, Table Tennis, swimming, etc.
• Academy is organizing various Inter School competitions.
• Hobby classes are organized on every Saturdays.
• Special sports training programmes are conducted during summer vacation and Diwali Vacations.//
The Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Kozhikode will be conducting the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2019 on November 24, 2019,…
Cricket legend Kapil Dev has been appointed as the first Chancellor of the Haryana Sports University at Rai in Sonipat…
GATE 2020 | The registration process of GATE 2020 will be concluded on September 24, 2019, by the Indian Institute…
The prestigious CBSE Awards for Teachers-2019 was held in Delhi on Thursday. Union HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ felicitated the…
iCalibrator leverages the power & potential of patented technology in adoption of Outcome Based Education (OBE) Framework through Paperless Assessments…
In a recent development, FIFA’s new Football for Schools Programme aims to make sports accessible for all children by inculcating…