Green Campus Initiative
Organisation: Sona College of Technology
Implementing Agency: Department of Civil Engineering
Objective: To promote optimum utilisation of renewable resources, to reduce the destruction of natural areas and damage to the surroundings, to maintain green performance levels, etc
Description: Green campus initiative started from the inception of the Institution in 1997. The entire 45 Acre campus is planned keeping in mind the holistic perspective of land use, social well being and preservation of the environment. Development of infrastructure ensured that no damage is caused to the natural surroundings.
Target Group: Engineering colleges
• Energy saving of at least three percent
• Higher comfort levels inside the building, even during the peak summer days
• The waste is converted into a precious, useful resource
Green Campus at UPSES
Organisation: University of Petroleum and Energy Studies
Objective: Design and implement practices, processes, and material selection to promote energy efficiency and sustainability to create a green and sustainable university campus
Description: University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun, is a young institution, which has been acknowledged in India and abroad for its academic programs focused on energy and core sector domains. UPES has consciously adopted contemporary techniques in its curriculum design, pedagogy as well as its industry interface. UPES has adopted the same advanced approach in developing an eco-friendly and environmentally sustainable campus.
Target Group: Local community, students, faculty
• Top soil preservation and re-using preserved top soil for landscape purpose
• Demonstrated reduction in water consumption by 33.16 percent compared to the base case scenario by adopting necessary water saving measures
• Use of 100 percent CFC (chlorofluorocarbon) and HCFC (hydrochlorofluorocarbon) free refrigerant and insulation
• UPES received GRIHA award from the Shri Pranab Mukherjee, the President of India
Green Campus Challenge
Organisation: DRMK Engineering College
Objective: Green Campus Challenge has been designed with a vision of making campus more sustainable and green, and promotes the idea and the necessity of the same
Description: The college has a landscape consultant and comprehensive set of garden equipment. The college has green and pollution-free ambience, which has been conducive to a good educational ambience.
• Green and Clean Campus award by Rotary Club of Chennapatna in 2006
• Purified drinking water is provided to all students and staff
• High level of appreciation by all stake holders for the maintenance of green environment
• Capacity building of teacher and digitisation education material
Green all Around
Organisation: ACCMAN Institute of Management
Objective: To encourage healthy and eco-friendly environment in and around the Institute
Description: ACCMAN has more than 80 percent green coverage filled with beautifully laid-out landscape, lush green parks running
around the five-acre campus. The garden and greenery are daily maintained / looked after by permanent expert gardeners. Only natural manure is used.
• Clean and green environment
• Bio-diversity awareness
• Clean air/environment
• Vermiculture awareness
• Waste management awareness
Sustainable Green Campus
Organisation: Swami Parmanand Group of Colleges
Objective: To protect and preserve environment
Description: Swami Parmanand Group of Colleges started a mission of making the Campus green in which management, staff members and students have contributed to its efforts in decreasing energy consumption reducing our energy cost, and increasing understanding and awareness of environmental concerns, all have worked to gather to produce energy efficient, sustainable and healthy college environment
Target Group: Demographic-Youth from all over India. Socially and economically weaker section of society. Faculty, staff and students.
1. Best upcoming Engineering College from Punjab awarded by India Achieve Podium.
2. Best Public Choice award for ICT enabled Higher Education Institute 2011 by World Summit.
3. India Leadership Award for Education Excellence by India Economic Development & Research Association.
Green Technology Mission
Organisation: Sagar Institute of Research & Technology
Objective: To demonstrate and develop feasible production technology of Bio Diesel
Description: Dependency on fossil fuel can be reduced greatly through revolutionary green technology. Production of Bio Diesel from various vegetable oils is one of the promising technologies to achieve such target. Sagar Institute of Research and Technology has conceived the idea of design and develops low cost Bio Diesel Reactor.
Target Group: Village Community
• High Efficiency is achieved
• Low Cost Reactor developed
• One of the vehicles of the Institute is still running Using Biodiesel