Kalpana Nath, Principal, The Chintels School shares with Elets News Network (ENN) about the challenges in school education, qualities of a best school, parents involvement in child education, role of technology in education, Chintels’qunique proposition and more
Challenges in School Education
Today, the main challenges regarding education are the various competitions students have to face to be successful in life, in order:
- To keep at par with national and international level of education and technology;
- To get admission in the colleges of their choice.
Qualities of a Best School
The qualities that make a best school are:
- Excellent infrastructure such as spacious, wellventilated classrooms; cleanhygienic washrooms; activity rooms with latest gadgets; science and computer labs with latest technology, etc. Big sports field, swimming pool, gymnasium,
library, audio-visual rooms and auditorium are also essential for a good school;
- Highly qualified faculty, who are dedicated and always eager to update their knowledge; knowing the latest technology to help in teaching. And above all imparting values of life to the students;
- Should be headed by a well-experienced principal, who should be openminded to bring in the required changes in the school;
- Management should hire well-trained and hardworking office-staff and Grade IV employees for official work, maintenance and cleanliness of the school;
- Ambience should be environmental friendly;
- Students should be guided and encouraged to participate in competitions and extracurricular activities so that later in life they can face any challenges that can come in their way.
The Chintels: Imparting High Moral Values
The Chintels School is different from others, due to the following qualities:
- A team of dedicated, sincere, hard-working teachers guides, motivates, educates the students to do their best;
- The students excel in their academics performing excellently in the ICSE/ISC Board results and proving themselves in the city and state level;
- In various interschool competitions, students of junior and senior classes have won top positions at the city and state level, bringing glory to the school;
- The Chintelians have high moral values and are well-disciplined.
Parents Involvement in Education
I agree that positive parent involvement has a significant impact on student education. When parents take keen and positive interest in their child’s education, the students are motivated to do well in academics and competitions.
Role of Technology in Education
In this rapidly changing world, education too cannot escape the impact of technology. The presence of Internet itself has revolutionised the process through which we access and disseminate information. It has created a global platform for the students. The process of assessment has become efficient. Students can now take online tests. The interaction between students and teachers has improved. The most important factor is that there is an instant access to information and e-books.
Keeping with the Changing Demands
The teachers at The Chintels Schools use both traditional and modern methods of imparting knowledge to the students. Through seminars and workshops, the teachers update their teaching methods and keep abreast with the changing demands.
I feel proud that my students have performed brilliantly in academics and co-curricular activities and competitions, bringing laurels to the school.
This, I feel, is my achievement too which could not have been possible without the hard work of the teachers. One can never stop learning because life never stops teaching.