What is the importance of innovative pedagogy in the field of technical education?
We are in prctice of innovation technical teaching methodology since the inception of our organisation and that is like:
- Our teaching and training methodology focal point is skill development.
- Most convenient mode of communication is used in our teaching methodology to impart global competency from the root level (i.e both in Hindi and English. We are one of the first to provide technical education in Hindi, since 1982).
- We include and promote research oriented study to expand the scope of application and new possibilities.
- We provide hands on practice with the best state of art lab and training facilities by certified trainers and well qualified experienced faculties.
How do you compare the cost of technical education vis-à- vis, say management education?
As technical education’s base is its practical and skilling up orientation which is possible only with the realistic facilities and provisions in all respect in comparison to management studies technical education has a great scope of cost involvement in keeping pace with the fast changing and technological scenario.
We must have some realistic approach for implementing or we say imparting the true education to our society which keeps our heritage, nature, which keeps us upgrading, which keeps us united, keeps us growing, developing and most important keeps happiness of togetherness which is somewhere the true objective of any education system. We believe and think beyond the figures of universities’ numbers although to meet the huge demand it is one of the important aspect.
How can India’s higher education system be made robust?
We have some points in this context:
- First we need to make realistic and standard justified evaluation and grading system before awarding any degree and certificates.
- Need to adopt and align National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF) on global standards.
- In place of generalise form, we must implement very specific application oriented system. the system must be updated in sync with current industry demand.
- Need to standardise the professional requirements of trainers and faculties.
- Teacher’s special and professional training programmes in positive inspirational atmosphere is required to nurture best talents in teaching.
- Authorities to approve and authorise institutions should be very implementive and continuously monitored on some specific standards.
In past few years a large number of engineering institutions have closed down. How do you analyse it?
Yes it’s really a noticeable experience and it has many aspects for this situations some of them are as follows:
- Lack of skilled trainers and result oriented institutions.
- Lack of ethical approach while establishing the institutions.
- Lack of fulfilment of prerequisite conditions in admission procedures.
- Gap between the industry demand and educational institutions’s supply eventually creating mismatch leading to great unemployable mass.
Do you think traditional engineering disciplines are being eclipsed by emerging ones?
To meet the demand, inclination towards emerging disciplines has increased but traditional branches of engineering education can’t be ignored. So traditional approach and specialised emerging disciplines should be synchronised with some special vocational inclusions in the curriculum to inculcate it’s both aspect.
DigitalLEARNING, is an initiative of Elets Techomedia Pvt Ltd existing since 2003. Now, Elets' YouTube channel -- Elets tv, a treasure of premier innovation-oriented knowledge-conferences and awards, is also active.
To Subscribe Free, Click Here
Like us on Facebook, connect with us on LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter.