The window for correcting the online application form of Joint Admission Test (JAM) 2019 has been activated. Candidates aspiring for the exam are allowed to do corrections in exam centre, category and gender in their online application till October 30 through the official website — jam.iitkgp.ac.in.
IIT JAM 2019 exam will be conducted on February 10 in two sessions. The Computer Based Test (CBT) will be for admissions of students to M Sc (four semesters), joint M Sc-Ph D, MSc-PhD dual degree, etc. programmes at the IITs and integrated Ph D degree programmes at IISc.
IIT JAM 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus will comprise of various topics such as BL (Biological Sciences), BT (Biotechnology), GC (Geology), MS (Mathematical Statistics), CY (Chemistry), PH (Physics) and MA (Mathematics).
IIT JAM 2019 Examination schedule
Session-I: 9 am to 12 pm — Biological Sciences (BL), Mathematics (MA), Physics (PH)
Session-II: 2 pm to 5 pm — Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG), Mathematical Statistics (MS).
IIT JAM 2019 Eligibility criteria
- The aspirant should hold a bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognised college or university
- They must have scored a minimum 55 per cent marks for general and OBC-NCL candidates. For SC, ST and PwD categories, it is 50 per cent
- Those students who are in the final year of their qualifying exam can also apply
- Age limit: There is no age restriction and the candidate can be an Indian national or a foreigner
IIT JAM 2019 Important dates
- Commencement of Online registration: September 1, 2018
- Online registration ends: October 10, 2018
- Admit card availability: January 4, 2019
- Mock test link availability: January 10, 2019
- JAM 2019: February 10, 2019
- Result announcement: March 20, 2019