With the markets growing at a spectacular rate especially the Indian market becoming technologically advanced and skilled-driven rather than just promoting degrees from premier institutes, the 2 years of PGDM courses are now walking hand-in-hand with just what the industry requires. The bright side to the coronavirus outbreak in the education sector is the smart switch many management institutes have made with business school students and staff coming together to support each other through the crisis. To ensure proper student engagement responding to such disruption, top management colleges offering PGDM courses are shifting to blended learning tech-savvy modules involving practical and theoretical curriculum so that students can keep up with their studies without any hitches.
Below mentioned are some of the insights and reasons on why a PGDM degree will help students lead a successful career in the post-Covid era: –
• Strategic and innovative thinking skills: Managing strategy and innovation are one of the skill sets which are in burgeoning demand. It includes skills like analyzing data or information, thinking creatively, and developing objectives and strategies. These skills differentiate a PGDM hire from other courses in such a domain.
• Digital transformation and technological upskilling: We all have witnessed that many early-stage startups and other companies, resorting to digital transformation to cope with the challenges during the pandemic. In the coming year’s upskilling in terms of technology will play a crucial role in the coming years for any organization to succeed.
Also read: ITM Group launches PGDM
• Adaptability and Flexibility: In the new normal, the trend of remote working will surely go up. Thus, it is very important for students to embrace the new normal and prepare themselves to adapt to such a working environment. This is the reason blended learning is the emerging concept in the B-Schools as it equips students with the reality of the virtual world.
• Industry Integrated Syllabus: Unlike most other management courses, PGDM programs are updated every year or so to deal with the industrial trends. Some of the benefits of pursuing such updated courses are that students learn the new and ongoing concepts and practices of business management and entrepreneurship.
• Corporate Ready: Pursuing a PGDM course doesn’t simply allow you interpersonal growth but also to imbibe knowledge about business management. The advantages associated are multi-fold and multi-dimensional and most importantly it prepares you to be corporate ready. Entering the corporate world with management education and the fundamental knowledge about modern business management will propel your growth towards your professional life.
• Young Entrepreneurs: The two-year post graduation programme covers a wide range of topics that help individuals develop business skills such as leadership, communication, critical thinking and decision-making vital for today’s competitive environment. Many aspiring individuals assume a great business idea is enough to be a successful businessman. However, an advantage of doing a PGDM as an aspiring entrepreneur is that you emerge with a strong, workable idea for your successful startup, such that investors would be willing to invest in.