The UGC panel recommends up to 40% of instructions be delivered online


Learning in higher education is about to undergo a fundamental change if the University Grants Commission’s proposal on blended learning is implemented, which recommends up to 40% of teaching in any subject via the online mode.

The concept word has been prepared in accordance with the brand new National Education Policy 2020 (NEP-2020), which accepts a variety of modes of learning, including face-to-face, online learning, and distance or digital mode.

The UGC decided that HEIs should be allowed to teach up to 40% of each course online, with the remaining 60% taught offline. Exams for teaching in both modes can be given online, according to UGC Secretary Rajnish Jain.

According to the draft, “the benefits of blended learning for students include increased learning skills, greater access to information, and improved academic performance.”

Also Read:- UGC directs Universities for Online Examinations

It stated in defining the role of lecturers in blended learning, “Blended learning shifts the teacher’s role from knowledge-provider to coach and mentor.” This shift does not imply that teachers are less important or play a passive role in their students’ education. Teachers, on the other hand, can have an even greater influence and effect on students’ learning through blended learning. “

"Exciting news! Elets Education is now on WhatsApp Channels Subscribe today by clicking the link and stay updated with the latest insights!" Click here!
Be a part of Elets Collaborative Initiatives. Join Us for Upcoming Events and explore business opportunities. Like us on Facebook , connect with us on LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter , Instagram.