Policy Matters

Licenses required to teach overseas students

Views: 653

Under new visa arrangements to deter bogus students, from March next year universities and colleges will need licenses to teach overseas students, the government announced today. Institutions will have to get a license from the UK Border Agency (UKBA) before sponsoring non-European students to come to study in the UK. The student tier of the new Australian-style points-based system announced by the Home Office today is aimed at clamping down on bogus students and colleges.

Under the plans, overseas students will have to be sponsored by a UKBA-licensed education institution and supply their fingerprints. Visas will only be granted to students who show a proven track record in education and are applying for a course that meets a minimum level of qualification. They will also have to demonstrate they can financially support themselves and any of their dependents.

Follow and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Elets video

Eletsonline News

Most Popular

[noptin-form id=89877]
To Top