Vocational Education in Schools
Organisation: IndiaCan Education Pvt Ltd
Objective: To include vocational education in school education for the dual purpose of enhancing employability for students
Description: The Government of Assam in Association with IndiaCan and Pearson Education selected a few schools to take part in a pilot project to roll out vocational education in government schools. The project is committed to introducing National Vocational Education Qualifications Framework, a national program to establish standards and qualifications for skills trainings.
Target Group: Secondary students enrolled in government Schools
• Complete cooperation from parents to hold sessions after school hours
• 96 percent of total grade IX students enrolled for the sessions to be held after school hours
• 93 percent students attended sessions regularly with attendance averaging around 80 percent
• A mere 0.05 percent of drop outs with letters from parents stating the reason for dropping out
Organisation: IACM SmartLearn Ltd.
Objective: Need to establish improved technical training institute for these students offering programs that address skills, remedial education and employable IT training.
Description: IACM was founded with a mission to build a “learning society” to produce versatile and resourceful professionals. In 1999, IACM became the first company to announce the International Certifications in combo packages at affordable price.
Target Group: 12th pass students from tier-2, tier-3 cities, rural BPL, underprivileged and economically weaker section of the society.
• More than 50000 students are trained and placed.
• First Skill Champion of India Award, Honour Roll 2012 awarded by LeapVaul, FICCI on Skill Development & Vocational Training.
• IACM tops Score Card-Avaya Global Connect Award 2007 for innovation & placement cell performance.
Mobile Vocational Education
Organisation: AMMACHI Labs (Amrita Multi Modal Applications Using Computer Human Interaction)
Objective: To deliver high quality Computerised Vocational Education and Training (cVET) and Life Enrichment Education (LEE) to the economically marginalised sections
Description: AMMACHI Labs has developed Mobile Vocational Education – MoVE, which employs a classroom on wheels, powered by solar panels, to provide technology enhanced vocational education using computers to geographically diverse areas.
Target Group: Illiterate or semi-literate women living below the poverty line
• Developed high quality computerised vocational education and training courses in extremely remote areas
• Conducted successful deployments in 35 villages
• Reduced dependence on trainers by deploying fully computerised VET & LEE courses
Training Programmes for Rural Youth
Objective: To provide placements to all candidates with the attention on unemployed rural youth
Description: Integrated Institute of Education Technology is committed to provide the highest quality services to our customers to satisfy their needs and expectations of quality, reliability. The institute ensures this through providing quality education and training to unemployed youth.
Target Group: Unemployed rural youth
• Completed 500 villages in IT Training for youth
• Completed 1,00,000 youth under software courses
• Completed 50,000 youth under Hardware course
• Completed 10,000 youth under teaching skills
• Completed 5,000 youth under Hotel Management course
Organisation: Prabhaav Learning Pvt Ltd
Implementing Agency: ITM University
Objective: Prabhaav works for crime free, intellectually strong and employable India
Description: Prabhaav works for value based education and skill development. It works for women empowerment. It has recently started gender sensitisation workshops and effective parenting. Most of the projects are less or zero profit making.
Target Group: Students in colleges and universities
• Students are groomed
• Students are job ready
• Placed the underprivileged students
• Received NABET accreditation
Click here to read more details about this initiative
Vocational Education and Training Initiatives
Objective: AISECT’s objective is to reach out to the remotest corner of India and promote skill based training to empower people, generate employment for the youth and unfold entrepreneurship based initiatives to create an inclusive society
Description: AISECT has imparted training to over 1.2 million students in semi-urban and rural areas as well as generated over 10,000 rural entrepreneurs. The organisation is listed in the World Bank-IIM(A) joint study as one of the most successful initiatives on Information & Computer Technology (ICT) for rural development.
Target Group: People from rural and semi-urban areas
• The AISECT centres are located at the district, block and panchayat level and not in the larger cities or metros. The organisation focuses on all categories of people from the community
• AISECT has set-up Dr CV Raman University and AISECT University. The organisation has launched ‘aisectonline.com’ to empower students with anywhere, anytime accessibility
• AISECT has pioneered various initiatives to generate awareness about the IT-based education
The eLearning Portal
Organisation: GurukulOnline Learning Solutions Pvt Ltd
Objective: To provide high quality education with the best faculties at highly affordable fees
Description: GOLS provides elearning coaching for all the streams of ICSI ie foundation, executive and professional eLearning coaching and also provides all the mandatory trainings required to be completed by students of the ICSI.
• Students are standing in the merit list and hundreds of students are passing with flying colors
• Provided an affordable and high quality option to coaching classes who are charging exorbitant fees and providing many a time shoddy quality of education
• Helping students to complete the mandatory trainings of the ICSI
Organisation: YMCA College of Physical Education
Implementing Agency: National Council of YMCAs of India
Objective: The basic objective was to fulfill the need for trained leaders in the field of Health, Physical ducation, Sports and Recreation
Description: The YMCA College of Physical Education offers degrees at doctoral, post graduate, under graduate and diploma levels. A degree course on Bachelor of Mobility Science focused on disabled was introduced in 2006-07. It is recognised by the Rehabilitation Council of India.
Target Group: Students and local community
• The first Indian Olympic team was trained in the College grounds and led by the first Principal of the College Mr Buck, to the Paris Olympics in 1924
• Accredited with “A” Grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council, confirming the quality of education
• Enabled and encouraged rural and economically weaker sections of the community to join this premier College. Around 90 percent students belong to this category