In the meeting, three presentations were made on following topics:
- Promoting research in Central Universities by Prof. Asis Datta, former Vice Chancellor, JNU
- How to strengthen Women Study Centres by Dr. Meena Chandawarkar, Vice Chancellor, Karnataka State Women’s University and
- Issues relating to persons with disabilities by Indumathi Rao.
After the presentation, a detailed discussion was held with the VCs on the agenda items of the meeting and the progress made on the action points of VCs’ conference held on 4-5th February, 2015 which are as under:
- Most of the VCs informed that they have already started the process of filling up of vacancies of teachers and a good amount of vacancies will be filled up by October 2015.
- 17 Central Universities (CUs) have got accredited with NAAC. Seven CUs have applied for NAAC re-accreditation and 9 CUs have applied for NAAC accreditation for the first time. Another 5 CUs have assured to apply for NAAC accreditation shortly.
- OUt of 39 CUs, 37 CUs have introduced Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) at PG level. The 13 new CUs do not have UG programmes and 18 CUs had already introduced CBCS at UG level. All VCs assured that there preparations are complete and they will be starting CBCS this academic session.
- UGC has developed model syllabi for 85 mainline and 18 specialised courses and universities are free to modify syllabi to the extent of 30 per cent in line with the present provisios of migration warranting 70 per cent commo content.
- UGC organised eight regional workshops covering entire country, to fecilitate implementation of CBCS.
- Voc programmes in 19 CUs has been started
- Community Colleges have been approved for 19 CUs
- 25 CUs have set up Community Development Cells (CDCs)
- 19 CUs have adopted/identified villages for their development
- Other issues like Campus Connect Scheme,creation of Centres of Excellence,Establishment of Innovation Clubs, Alumni involvement, Inspired teachers’ Network, Industry linkages etc. were also discussed, where most of the Universities have either made satisfactory progress or are in the process, giving them high priority.
DigitalLEARNING, is an initiative of Elets Techomedia Pvt Ltd existing since 2003. Now, Elets' YouTube channel -- Elets tv, a treasure of premier innovation-oriented knowledge-conferences and awards, is also active.
To Subscribe Free, Click Here
Like us on Facebook, connect with us on LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter.