digitalLEARNING Magazine

News

UGC releases learning outcome-based curriculum framework

Views: 1.9K
UGC

University Grants Commission (UGC) has released its latest learning outcome-based curriculum framework (LOCF) for the subject. According to UGC,  as many as 30 per cent marks for both theory and practical exams in undergraduate courses for physical education will be undertaken by the internal examiner while semester-end exams will be held for the rest 70 per cent of marks.

As per the suggested framework, students will be assessed using written and practical exams, project work, assignments, and presentations. Each theory subject will be of four credits and practical including one game and one athletic or sports event for two credits each. Total credits for each semester will be 30.

The LOCF, claims UGC, is released with an aim to bring about “uniformity in syllabi for programmes of study in physical education” across universities and colleges across India. Under the LOCF, the UGC has asked stakeholders to evolve the teaching-learning process as well as learning assessment procedures for the BPES, BA/BSc degree in physical education. In an official notice, the commission claims that the framework is also “intended to allow flexibility and innovation in programme design”.

Write for Us

Also Read:- UGC extends admission deadline for open, distance learning, online programmes

A variety of approaches to the teaching-learning process, including lectures, seminars, tutorials, workshops, peer teaching and learning, practicum and project-based learning, field-based learning, substantial laboratory-based practical component and experiments, open-ended project work, games, technology-enabled learning, an internship in 9 industry and research establishments etc was also suggested.

Follow and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Elets video

Eletsonline News

Most Popular

SUBSCRIBE OUR NEWSLETTER
200000+ Subscribers read it every day.
To Top