The use of Information Communication and Technology (ICT) in schools have helped establish an enabling learning environment through the enrichment of existing curriculum and pedagogy which is better matched to the needs and interests of individual learners in the modern world. eINDIA 2009 welcomes and presents nominations of various schools, vouched for effective and efficient utilisation of ICTs in the field of education.
The iSchool project has been adopted by several schools for virtual education. The iSchool programme has made the conventional mode of education more interesting by making it interactive, lively and joyful. It has armed the teachers with the power to help students grasp complex and hard concepts with absolute ease and thereby increasing their higher order thinking skills. iSchool has offered digitised, curriculum based content supported with animations for better understanding of the subjects as it is completely mapped to the syllabus. Most importantly, there has been zero maintenance cost as Everonn offers free maintenance of infrastructure, full technical support, and special interactive sessions addressed through VSAT platform and complete teacher’s training program on the usage of technology.
- Chavara Vidhya Bhavan, Madhya Pradesh
- Ramakrishna Vidyamandir, Madhya Pradesh
- Innovative Public School, Madhya Pradesh
- Indu IT School, Chhattisgarh.
Maharashtra ICT@School Project
Under the Maharashtra ICT@School project, separate Computer labs have been furnished in schools, equipped with Computers (High End), Projectors, Dot Matrix Printers, Multi Functioning Devices(Copy, Scan, Print, FAX), and Online 3KVA UPS. Quality training to the faculty, in computer technology, has been provided by NIIT Limited. Courseware for Class VII-Class XII has also been provided by NIIT in Marathi/English Languages.
- Zilla Parishad High School, Nanded, Maharashtra
- Sarjudevi B Bharuka Arya Kanya Vidyalaya, Maharashtra
- Shri Grishaneshwar Vidhyalaya, Maharashtra
- Siddheshwar Vidyalaya, Maharashtra
- ZP High School, Osmanabad, Maharashtra
- Sade High School, Maharashtra
- Torna Vidhyalay, Maharashtra
- Khodala Vibhag High School, Maharashtra
- Shri Shivaji Veer Baji Pasalkar High School, Maharashtra
- V. K. Lakhani High School (Madhyamik Vidyalaya), Maharashtra
- Jeevan Vikas Prashala, Maharashtra
- ZP High School, Paranda, Maharashtra
- Vivekananad High School, Maharashtra
- Maharashtra Secondary & Higher Secondary School, Maharashtra
- Shri Navnath Vidyalaya, Maharashtra
- ZP High School (Kanya), Maharashtra
- Dattajirao Mohite Patil Secondary School, Maharashtra
- ZP High School (Boys), Maharashtra
- Jath High School & Junior College of Arts, Maharashtra
- ZP High School, Nanded, Maharashtra
- Raje Vijaysingh Daphale High School & Junior College, Maharashtra
- Nandadevi Vidyalaya, Maharashtra
- Shri Shivaji Vidyalaya, Maharashtra
NIIT @ Schools Project
Many schools in Andhra Pradesh have implemented the NIIT@Schools Project under which several computer systems have been installed in the respective computer labs. NIIT has provided printers and other accessories for the lab including CD kits, floppies, network CDs, and antivirus softwares. The schools have promoted computer literacy through regular Computer Science lessons and instructions. MS Word, Powerpoint and Paint are a few of the lessons that are being taught .The Internet is used as an additional source of information by the teachers to make lesson plans more relevant to the student needs.
- Zilla Parishad High School, Chilakalapalli, Andhra Pradesh
- N T R M H School, Andhra Pradesh
- Zilla Parishad High School, Chintada, Andhra Pradesh
More innovative endeavours
APR School, Andhra Pradesh
The school ICT infrastructure consists of a computer lab with 16 systems in place. Professionally qualified computer instructors provide Computer Science training to the students.
APR Thatipudi, Andhra Pradesh
The ICT project has been implemented in the school since 2002 under the 1000 school project. The students and faculty have been trained in Powerpoint presentations and Paint. Infrastructurally, there is a computer lab with 16 computers where quality computer education is provided to the students. Merit Certificates have been awarded to the teachers by 1000 schools computer Education.
JNV East, Sikkim
Every teacher in the school has been using ICT in the teaching and learning processes. The school has adopted Project Based Learning (PBL) methods. Students prepare projects on varied themes and send them for international contests. The school has also received several awards from ISRO, ORACLE and INTEL for best integration of technology in the school system.
BVB Public School, Andhra Pradesh
The school has taken up a project titled ‘For green scene, stay green’ and the following activities were identified: (i) Waste Management (ii) Energy Conservation (iii) Recycling (iv) Eliminating Plastic & (v) Increasing green cover. The school project has extensively used ICTs for the project. Through the use of e-mails, chat, video-conferencing, media, websites and telephones, the school has become an active learning partner with other schools.
APR Girls School, Andhra Pradesh
The project, launched in 2003, has helped equip the school with computer lab facilities. Students eagerly await their Computer Science classes and are already familiar with a number of computer programmes. The staff of the school participated in the ItLA programme and have also been awarded Merit Certificates in computer education.
Podar Group of Schools, Maharashtra
The school has adopted several innovative concepts to integrate technology into the school system. These include: Paperless classrooms through the use of laptops; Usage of electronic slates and interactive whiteboards in the classrooms; Student Response System, also known as interactive voting system; ‘Between Us’ Portal for parents; Soundbeam