Along with an aim to enable students become professionally successful and personally secure individuals, Billabong School is committed to produce individuals who are caring and committed Indians, says Priti Agarwal, CEO & Founder, Billabong High International School, Kanpur, in conversation with Elets News Network (ENN).
How do you develop a curriculum that is both interesting and focused on the holistic development of students?
At Billabong School, an enriching curriculum begins with the planning of coherent and relevant scheme of works and lesson-plans by our qualified teacher. Our curriculum seeks to develop and enrich every student’s subject knowledge. We use an active learning approach, a high level of challenging environment, use of appropriate questions, group work exercises, along with a thrust on digital technologies to keep our students constantly motivated.
A good school must have good student-teacher coordination. What methods are followed at Billabong School to maintain a healthy coordination between teachers and students?
Billabong is truly blessed with teachers who are passionate about teaching, and who continuously create immersive platforms of learning for their students. Our all teachers are extremely committed to the idea of pastoral care in school, and this I believe, paves the way for a strong teacher-student connect.
What strategies do you follow for innovation and reforms in the school administrative system?
We are all global citizens living in a creative society, impacting each other, every second of our existence. The technological revolution in recent times has established best practices in education, which have become a formal template of expected standards, and also an evaluation grid of any organisation in the reckoning. Administration, being a continuous dynamic process, is always a work in progress to us. Thus, we are reviewing and improving our administrative practices all the time.
How does the school meet expectations of parents and government alike (in terms of ensuring essential standards)?
While imparting education, we meet the expectations of parents, Government alike through implementing effective planning in our teaching and learcning and assessment practices. Along with this, a strong co-curricular thrust on creating enrichment platforms in sports, vocational education and transferable skills like work-discipline and language competency also help in this regard.
In order to maintain a good learning environment, what activities, along with studies, are conducted at the school?
Billabong High International School offers a unique and wonderful enrichment platform to all its students. This we do through hosting of our various initiatives that include:
- IIMUN – Indian International Model United Nations. This is an organisation based in India which conducts simulations of United Nations and Indian parliament in different cities
- BHIS family quiz – The parent and child participate together to turn on their thinking caps. • Cross-over faculty – An initiative under which exceptional teachers travel from the top schools in the UK to teach and mentor our teachers and students
- In-service training of teachers – This initiative is executed both in online and offline mode in partnership with Cambridge and Yale – the two world famous institutes
- Open day – Open Day provides an opportunity to prospective students and their parents to visit the school and observe the curriculum prior to their actual enrolment
- World Scholar’s Cup – Duke of Edinburgh International Award
- Annual quiz programme
- Guest lecturers/ TED talks
- Aerospace & science discovery camp
- Vocational courses
- Maths online
- Career counselling through software like Naviance
- Regular debate coaching workshops
- World school debate
DigitalLEARNING, is an initiative of Elets Techomedia Pvt Ltd existing since 2003. Now, Elets' YouTube channel -- Elets tv, a treasure of premier innovation-oriented knowledge-conferences and awards, is also active.
To Subscribe Free, Click Here
Like us on Facebook, connect with us on LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter.