Uttar Pradesh’s government intends to construct an educational township. According to the Yogi Adityanath administration, the “Single Entry, Multiple Exit” concept would guide the development of the education township. The administration claimed that the change will give young people access to high-quality education and equip them with a range of professional skills in one location. Additionally, it will give professors and students housing and a variety of other amenities.
Yogi had recently ordered the authorities to prepare a comprehensive action plan for setting up five education townships. During a meeting with the representatives of consultancy firm Deloitte India, they discussed that the state needs to explore ways to make Uttar Pradesh a $1 trillion economy.
“The Government’s objective behind the education township is to provide high-quality education to the youth and equip them with a variety of professional skills in one place. Built on the idea of ‘Single Entry, Multiple Exit’ (come like a blank paper and carry multiple skills), the focus of this township will be on high-end education, which will cater to students from not only the country but also African, Latin American and Central Asian countries,” the CM’s office wrote.
Here’s what all will be included in Uttar Pradesh’s education township:
- Prestigious government and private universities of the country and the world will be able to open their campuses in the township.
- There will be primary and secondary schools like Atal Residential Schools in the same place.
- Universities and colleges will be established for undergraduate and postgraduate studies wherein studies and research works related to management, technology, law, and medicine will be carried out.
- The education township will also feature skill development universities where training will be imparted to the youth in different types of skills. Besides, many other coaching institutes like Abhyudaya will be started in these education townships so that more and more students can be successful in competitive examinations like NEET, IIT, Union Public Service Commission etc to be held in the country and the state.
- Accommodations will be provided to both teachers and students at the education township.
- With the introduction of the ‘Single Entry, Multiple Exit’ system in the state, students will be able to avail of cheap education loans.