Scholarship Disbursal System for UGC
Organisation: Canara Bank
Objective: Scholarship Disbursal System for UGC Scholars.
Description: University Grants Commission has designated Canara Bank for the disbursal of its various scholarships/
fellowships to the selected candidates across the country. For the efficient disbursal of scholarships/fellowships,
Canara Bank has developed a web-based scholarship disbursal system wherein the eligible scholarship amounts will be calculated and will be disbursed based on the criteria as specified by UGC.
Target Group: UGC Scholar Students.
• Centralised credit of scholarships/fellowships to the candidate’s account on due dates without delay
• Instant and Online MIS reports to the UGC for proper monitoring
• Nodal branches are acting as single point of contact for the students regarding the disbursal of amount
• Established an easy and convenient mechanism to access the data including the scanned images
• Developed an interface with Central Plan Scheme monitoring System (CPSMS)
Digital University Framework
Organisation: Solapur University, Solapur, Maharashtra
Implementing Agency: Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited
Website: www.su.digitaluniversity.ac ; www.mkcl.org
Objective: To provide services to students, all affiliated colleges and University.
Description: Digital University Framework is a fully web-based software framework to manage student lifecycle in Universities and Colleges. This framework offers direct facilitation services to users at very fast, affordable, high quality and with mass personalisation and configurability.
Target Group: Services to students, universities, and colleges.
• Personalised services at the doorstep of students
• Reduction in data duplication efforts at various levels due to single-time data entry
• System generated outputs with no errors because of reduction in student cycles to colleges
Online Admissions System for Technical Education
Organisation: Higher and Technical Education Department, Maharashtra
Objective: To automate end-to-end admission process starting from the notification of admission process.
Description: Online Admissions for Technical Education was first initiated in 2000 – 2001 and since then has been expanded successfully such that the complete admission process for technical education has been automated end-to-end.
Target Group: More than four lakh students apply each year through online admissions into technical institutes.
• Students can now fill the application form at comfort of their home or cybercafé
• Greater cost and time saving for both students as well as Directorate of Technical Education
• Greater transparency and reduced errors in the whole the admission process
• Greater productivity of resources: DTE no longer requires personnel for distribution of
• Customisable real-time reports can be generated in quick;y with help of the system
|Tracking Child With Special Needs
Organisation: Directorate of Information Technology,Government of Maharashtra
Implementing Agency: Department of School Education and Sports, Government of Maharashtra
Objective: CWSN application is designed to gather information about children with special needs across Maharashtra.
Description: This application s a web-based form designed to capture child details such as name, age, add, category, etc. It will help in achieving the goal of universalisation of Elementary Education.
Target Group: Around 3.5 lakh children with special needs across Maharashtra.
• The program has covered around 3.5 lakhs children with special needs across Maharashtra
• Details of each child like name, age, address, CWSN category, etc. are captured
• Availability of real-time and accurate data has aided the Government to take better decisions
• Educational support, medical assistance, etc. can be identified and accurate data helps in proper budget allocation