With the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT- Bombay) as the top Indian institute in Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) Asia University Rankings 2019, eight other varsities from India made it to the top 100.
In the latest rankings, IIT-Bombay is ranked 33 with no Indian institute among top 10 Asian institutes.
The National University of Singapore has been assessed as Asia’s best university, followed by University of Hong Kong, Nanyang Technological University, Tsinghua University and Peking University.
The other institutes from India in QS Asia Ranking 2019 are IIT-Delhi at 40th position, IIT-Madras at 48th position, Indian Institute of Science at 50, IIT-Kharagpur at 53 and IIT-Kanpur at 61. Delhi University and IIT-Roorkee are also among the Indian institutions in the top 100 list.
As per a QS release, there are 75 universities from India in the top 500 Asia list.
Universities in QS ranking have been assessed on parameters like academic reputation, employer reputation, student-faculty ratio, international faculty and students, staff with PhD, papers per faculty and citations per paper, among other parameters.
Top 10 Asian University
1) National University of Singapore (NUS)
2) The University of Hong Kong
3) Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU)
3) Tsinghua University
5) Peking University
6) Fudan University
7) The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
8) KAIST – Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology
9) The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK)
10) Seoul National University