In a recent development, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released the date sheet for Classes 10 & 12 board exams which will commence in February 2020. Unlike every year, CBSE has released the date sheet 2 months prior to the exam date.
CBSE has released guidelines for students that include the time permitted for the exam and to carry out other formalities of the exam.
CBSE Board Exam Guidelines
- Students should reach the examination centre well as per the scheduled time
- Answer sheets will be provided to the students between 10 am to 10.15 am
- Before the announcement is made to begin answering the question paper, students should only fill their particulars on the answer book
- After the particulars are filled, the answer book will be checked and signed by Assistant Superintendents
- Students will be provided with the question paper at 10.15 am
- Students would be allowed to read the question paper properly for 15 minutes, from 10:15 am to 10:30 am before attempting it. Students would be allowed to write the answers at 10.30 am.
- As per the given duration of the papers, students will not be allowed to write beyond the permissible time for each paper.
As per the date sheet released by the Board, the class 10 exams will be held from February 15 till March 20 and class 12 exams will be held from February 15 till March 30. The practical exams would be held from January 1, 2020 to February 7, 2020.
CBSE offers 240 subjects in both the classes and conducts the exam in 30,000 subject combinations.