Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Civil Service (Preliminary) exams for recruitment of various government posts. The Civil Service exam will be conducted on 31 May, 2020.
The UPSC Civil Service exam comprises of two papers, which consists of 200 marks. Both the papers are objective types and duration is two hours. The questions are set both in English and Hindi.
Syllabus for exam
– Current affairs of national and international importance
– History of India and world
– Economic and social development, poverty, social sector initiatives
– India’s geographical changes and movements
– General Science
– Interpersonal skills
– Reasoning and problem solving ability
– General mental ability
In paper II, questions are multiple and objective type. The qualification for the paper is minimum 33 marks.