The necessity to evolve and adapt to changes wherein virtual classrooms and online learning has become a new normal says Geetika sethi, Director-Principal, The British School in a conversation with Elets News Network (ENN).
School education is one of the core sectors that will be drastically impacted by the outbreak of Covid -19. Thus, the necessity to evolve and adapt to changes wherein virtual classrooms and online learning has become a new normal. Towards this end I am happy to inform you that The British School Panchkula adapted with a fast pace and crystallised an innovative mode of imparting online education to its valued students by aggressive use of various digital tools/platforms available via Zoom App , Google forms, Teacher connect etc. I really appreciate the positivity displayed by the students and teachers of our school in adapting to the changed tutoring methodology to include online teaching, online practice programs/reviews and posting of relevant videos and media content.
We all are eagerly looking forward to go back to normal classes at school premises on lifting of lockdown by the Government in near future. We fully appreciate the anxiety of parents with respect to safety of their wards once the students will again start attending the school. Herein I will like to assure all parents/guardians that post Government clearance your ward will be in safe hands at the British School wherein due attention and care will be taken in enforcing preventive/ precautionary measures such as:
• Screening of students, teachers and other staff at entry points. No sick person will be permitted to attend the school.
• Strict adherence to social distancing norms.
• Enforcing regular washing of hands with soap and water and use of Alcohol based hand sanitizers.
• Periodic disinfection of school premises.
• Maintenance of high standard of hygiene and sanitation in school premises.
• Institution of regular cleaning and decontamination procedure
I also assure you that due procedures will be instituted for catering uninterrupted tutoring of students who are not able to attend school owing to sickness or any other unavoidable reason. For ensuring their quality education following measures will be taken:
• Assigning teachers to conduct daily online curriculum and weekly follow up of students
• Practice and review of subjects covered by online means
Any student, teacher or staff member who has availed leave on account of health issues will only be allowed to rejoin school on production medical fitness certificate from registered medical practitioner.
Safety of students during transit will also be ensured by way of adherence to under mentioned measures:
• Regular medical screening of school van drivers and support staff.
• Disinfection and sanitation of vehicles twice a day.
• Enforcing well spaced sitting arrangement in school vans and wearing of face masks by everyone
• Rescheduling pickup and drop of students travelling by school vans for obviating congestion
• Body temperature screening of students before pickup
I assure The British School will not leave any stone unturned in providing best possible educational and emotional support to the students. Special sessions by experts to uplift the morale and confidence of teachers and staff have also been planned for. The British School management is looking at the challenge in hand with a positive and optimistic approach and we are committed to come out with flying colours. We all need to stay focused, firm and patient to sail through these trying Covid times with optimism.