Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology (SNIST) was established in 1997. It was among the first institutes accredited by Jawaharlal nehru technical University (JNTU) Hyderabad and approved by Government of Andhra Pradesh (AP). In a short span of five years and six months, SNIST was accredited by national Board of Accreditation (NBA). The institute also recognised as a research centre by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSiR), Government of India. SNIST is the only institute in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh as a recipient of World Bank Assistance under TEQIP in Phase-I & II.
SNIST is committed to provide world-class Education, Research, Training and Consultancy Programmes in the chosen fields/ technical disciplines with emphasis on culture and to respond to the changing global competitive environment. the institute emerged as a centre for learning through rigorous and exciting research environment for expanding knowledge in chosen fields.
The institute also serves the industry, other institutions and the Society through highest professional values and ethics. SniSt also offers assistance to nearby villages as a responsibility towards the society, and to train unemployed youth in technical trades for enabling them to get employment.
Vision: SNIST envisioned to emerge as a leading World-class institution in higher education landscape by way of realising excellence in the chosen fields of technical disciplines through teaching, research and consultancy.
Programmes and Activities: SNIST offers seven undergraduate (UG) and seven postgraduate (PG) programmes in engineering along with an MBA course. Some of important details about institute’s various courses are as follows:
- Present Annual intake is 1620 at UG level and 228 at PG level
- Lateral Entry Facility for Diploma Holders
- Ph D Programmes on part-time basis
- R&D and Consultancy Professional Services
- Services to Community
With the world class faculty members, SNIST nurtures its students holistically with the best teaching-learning processes followed across the globe. the institute has also set up a Technology Development Test Center and signed MoUs with renowned global universities. Some of the major achievements of SNIST include:
- Collaboration with VCAt, new York, USA. Study in india, Get a US Degree in Aviation
- Indo-US Collaboration for Engg Education programmes
- Intelligent infrastructure and Learning Resources
- Glittering Results of final year students
- UGC/JntUH conferred Autonomous Status to the institution in the year 2010-11
Awards & Distinctions
- Best Engineering College in A P Award in 2008 by ISTE A P Section
- National Award for the best Human Resource Development practices from Indian Society for Training and Development. it is the first of its kind to an educational institution in the Country
- SNIST was ranked 30th by Outlook among 1,500 self financing engineering colleges in India in 2007 and received same rating in 2008 as well
- The institute was ranked second in the State for two consecutive years in 2008 and 2009 by Competition Success Review
Strong academics, updated Campus Recruitment training Program and constant personal interaction with leading organizations helped us achieve unprecedented Placements for 2007-11 batch of students by leading Companies. 96 percent of all eligible students were placed in the first round of placements. Accenture, Deloitte, Cognizant, infosys, Wipro, Mahendra Satyam, intergraph, Patni Computers, CapGemini are some of the companies that visited our campus for recruitment.
Recently, the institute has recorded 84 percent of placements. List of eminent companies visited the institute includes VSSC of indian Space Research Organisation; Singareni Collieries Limited, Hyderabad; R&D Center, Institute of Indian Foundrymen; VIMTA Labs Limited, Hyderabad; ASL and RCI of DRDO; Bore-well Equipment Corporation; Nuclear Fuel Complex, Hyderabad; Satyam Computer Services Ltd; and Nucleonix, Cherlapalli, Hyderabad, among others.
Establishment of Civil Services Aspirants Club:
The inspiration from Mahesh Bhagwath Garu, Commissioner of Rachakonda, was the key reason behind setting up Civil Services Aspirtants Club by the college. it encourages our students to prepare for Civil Services while pursuing various engineering courses. this club was formed two years back and about 300 students are members of this club and college has given the facility to organise seminars on their own and also inviting distinguished officials to address the members. the college has also purchased a number of books and also subscribed to the software which is helping the students in their preparations.