With the admission season in full swing, the University Grants Commission has released a list of 23 fake universities operational across the country.
The most number of fake educational institutes are in Uttar Pradesh followed by the National Capital Delhi. The eight educational institutions in the former are labelled as fake, while seven are from Delhi.
The purpose of issuing the list is to help students in avoid taking admissions to these institutions as it may hamper their growth in future.
The List of Fake Universities announced by the UGC is as follows:
- National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy, Kanpur
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University),
- Aligarh Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, Kosi Kalan, Mathura
- Maharana Pratap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya, Pratapgarh
- Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya,
- Varanasi Mahila Gram Vidyapith/Vishwavidyalaya, (Women’s University), Allahabad
- Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, Prayag, Allahabad
- Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad, Institutional Area, Khod
- ADR-Centric Juridical University
- Indian Institute of Science and Engineering
- Viswakarma Open University for Self-Employment
- Commercial University Ltd., Daryaganj
- United Nations University
- Vocational University
- Adhyatmik Vishwavidyalaya (Spiritual University)
- Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya
- Nababharat Shiksha Parishad, Anupoorna Bhawan, Rourkela
- North Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology
- Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine, Kolkata
- Institute of Alternative Medicine and Research, Kolkata
Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society, Belgaum St John’s University, Kishanattam
Raja Arabic University, Nagpur
Sree Bodhi Academy of Higher Education
UGC also released a similar list of fake universities last year as well. It included Maithili University/Vishwavidyalaya, Darbhanga (Bihar), Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi (UP), Commercial University Ltd Daryaganj (New Delhi), United Nations University, Delhi and Vocational University, Delhi.