GATE 2020 | The application process for GATE 2020 has been started w.e.f. today, i.e., September 3, 2019. IIT Delhi, which is the conducting body for the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering), has activated the online registration process for the examination.
Candidates who are intending to appear in the examination can submit the application form by September 24, 2019. The exam will be conducted on February 1, 2, 8 and 9, 2020. For more information, candidates can refer to the official information brochure, which has been already released by the GATE.
Gate 2020: Steps to register
1. Visit the GATE official website: gate.iitd.ac.in
2. Click on the link that reads, “GATE Online Application Portal is live. Click here to Apply”
3. A new web page will open, where you can fill your registration details.
4. Use your registration id to Sign-in
5. Fill the Online Application Form. Note down the Registration No./Application No
6. Upload scanned images of your latest photograph and signatures
7. Pay the application fee
GATE 2020: Fee details
Candidates will need to pay Rs 1500 while submitting the application form. Post the deadline, i.e. Sep 24, 2019 the fees will be hiked to Rs 2000. For females and the reserved category applicants the exam fees for GATE 2020 is Rs 750. If applied after the deadline, the fees will be doubled to Rs 1500.
Gate 2020: Documents and information required while filling application form
1. Personal details: name, date of birth, mobile no, parent’s name, parent’s mobile no, etc.
2. Communication address, including pin code
3. Eligibility degree details
4. College name and address with PIN code
5. GATE paper (subject)
6. Choice of GATE examination cities
7. Scanned copy of reservation certificate (if applied)
8. Scanned copy disability certificate (if applied)
9. Scanned photograph and signatures
10. Scanned copy of degrees
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.