The State Merit Scholarship scheme of Haryana has undergone a great transformation. The Haryana government, under the new scheme, has announced free laptops to be given to 500 students, securing a minimum of 95% marks in Class X Board examinations. Earlier, a scholarship of Rs 150 per student was provided under this scheme. According to sources, this transformation in the scheme would bear an additional expenditure of about Rs 2.50 crore to the Haryana government.
This announcement was made by Captain Abhimanyu Sindhu, Finance Minister of Haryana. These laptops would be allotted to students, following a set criteria:
- 100 laptops would be allotted to top 100 students, irrespective of their caste, sex or economic status,
- An equal number of laptops would be given to the girl students of general category
- 200 laptops would be given to boys and girls belonging to Scheduled castes
- Remaining 100 laptops for the students belonging to Below Poverty Line, who come under the merit list of the Boards.
- digitalLearning View: This scheme of distributing Laptops to students from various socio-economic backgrounds would be helpful for increasing higher education. Many meritorious students of backward economic groups cannot pursue higher education due to lack of resources. This step would give a boost to both students and their families.
DigitalLEARNING, is an initiative of Elets Techomedia Pvt Ltd existing since 2003. Now, Elets' YouTube channel -- Elets tv, a treasure of premier innovation-oriented knowledge-conferences and awards, is also active.
To Subscribe Free, Click Here
Like us on Facebook, connect with us on LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter.