Organisation: Vidyashilp Academy
Objective: To make clean and green environment.
Description: Vidyashilp Academy is a primary and secondary international school based in North Bangalore in the Indian state of Karnataka. The school is affialied with Cambridge University’s International General Certificate of
Secondary Education(IGCSE) and Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) from Grades I to X. The school has taken utmost care for educating students about the importance of green environment and conserving energy resources .
• Green campus by reusing organic waste resulting to vermin compost
• Recycled and reuse paper
• Children emerged as young entrepreneurs
• Rainwater replenishing bore wells
• Reduction of LPG in school kitchen using solar panels
|Green School Drive
Organisation: Delhi Public School Bopal, Ahmedabad
Objective: The initiative aims at sharing the environmental projects as well as creating awareness amongst students about local and global environment concerns.
Description: The Green School Drive aims to create a society of motivated citizens, committed to the conservation, reservation and protection of environment and striving towards a life in perfect harmony with nature for sustainable development.
• International Exposure: It is organised every year to provide a global platform to children
• The school was declared as Nodal School by TERI (The Energy Resource Institute) for its green initiatives
• Implementation of school portal, Reduce use of paper as well as Recycle paper
• DPS, Bopal has registered with Green Contributor, Canada. The school has adopted various projects under their guidance
Green School Initiative
Organisation: B Kanae School, Modasa, Gujarat
Objective: Sustainable School Campus.
Description: B- KANAE SCHOOL is first Green School in Gujarat. It is the first school that has introduced Green Curriculum, Green Games and Green Teachers, Green Energy,Green Water and Green Transport. The school is a member of Green School Alliance USA. It has received National School Sanitation Award 2012 from the Ministry
of HRD. The campus has one tree and one teacher against every 10 students.
• Enhancement in school result
• Enhancement in participation of parent and community in school activities
• There is 80 percent reduction in electricity bill, water bill and operational cost
• Enhancement in teachers’ proficiency
• There is 100 percent fitness among students. No sick leave application received from
Organisation: O P Jindal School Raigarh CG
Objective: To develop awareness about environment.
Description: The OP Jindal School, Raigarh(CG) has taken immense initiative to work for environmental sensitisation among people. The school has launched several projects/ campaigns to make the campus green and to retain it.
• Our Green Campus has been declared as lush green plastic-free zone
• Its community development programmes in adjoining areas have brought remarkable results
• Students have represented India in ‘Green Youth Exchange program’ at Denmark
• Continuous cleaning drive is making Teepakhol regain its original beauty
Organisation: Greenwood High International School,Bangalore
Objective: To conserve water
Description: Water, one of the m o s t p r e c i o u s resources required to sustain life, is depleting, thanks to manifold reasons such as immense population growth, rapid urbanisation, etc. However, it’s an undisputed fact that our apathy and
callousness also contribute to water shortage and the contamination of water bodies. By sensitising tomorrow’s citizens about the need to preserve water, it can be ensured that the precious resource is used judiciously.
• Reducing water wastage in washrooms; in kitchen water consumption has been reduced by 1/4th; in hostel, consumption of water has been reduced by almost half.
• Landscaping- By merely plugging the leaks in the pipes water wastage is reduced.
• The overall usage of water in our entire campus has gone down by 30 percent
Planet Earth Transformation, Green Thinking
Organisation: Ryan International School, Mumbai
Objective: To sensitise students / teachers to the burning issues of degradation of the Earth
Description: Ryan has joined hands with Tata Power in its endeavour to save energy in the direction of greener and safer abode for its students. School organises and conduct workshops and activities to sensitise students and teachers alike to the burning issues of the ailing planet. Besides the school takes pride in adopting societies for tree plantation.
• Reduction in school and home electricity consumption
• Students are sensitise about ecological problems
• The number of trees increased where plantation is done
• Visitors / guests who were given plants helped by planting trees themselves
• Various rewards and appreciation letters received by the school
Grab the opportunity to meet the who's who from the world of education. Join us for World Education Summit in New Delhi on 9-10th August 2018. It will be a wonderful occasion to explore business opportunities. Like us on Facebook, connect with us on LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter.