National Education Day this year marks the 125th birth anniversary of politician, scholar, and Bharat Ratna Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, acknowledging the occasion, the Ministry of Human Resources and Development launched new initiatives for the benefit of the education system in the country.
The new initiatives include Saksham, PRAGATI, SAMAVAY, Know your College and Unnat Bharat Abhiyan. The details of the schemes are given below:
* Saksham is a college level scholarship for the differently abled, needy and meritorious children.
* Providing Assistance for Girls Advancement in Technical Education Initiative or PRAGATI is an AICTE, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India scheme that envisions selection of one girl per family whose income is less than 6 lakhs per annum to pursue technical education. The scholarship amount under the scheme is Rs 30,000 for tuition fees and Rs 2,000 per month contingency allowance for 10 months.
* Skill Assessment Matrix for Vocational Advancement of Youth (SAMAVAY), allows multiple pathways between Vocational education – skills, education and job markets. This will facilitate India to harness the potential of young India.
* Know your College Portal is an application developed for helping a prospective student make a valued judgment of the college he / she wishes to join by providing him / her necessary information about the college.
* Unnat Bharat Abhiyan involves higher educational institutions to work with the people of rural India in identifying development challenges and evolving appropriate solutions for accelerating sustainable growth.Be a part of Elets Collaborative Initiatives. Join Us for Upcoming Events and explore business opportunities. Like us on Facebook , connect with us on LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter , Instagram.