Sainik Schools to bring in OBC reservations in admissions

Views: 8.3K
Sainik Schools

In a major development, Sainik Schools across the country will introduce OBC reservations as part of their admission process from academic session 2020-21. Defence Secretary said that reservation for Backward Class (OBC) will be introduced for Sainik Schools starting from next academic year i.e. 2021-22.

As per the information provided by Defence Secretary Ajay Kumar, a total of 27 per cent seats in Sainik schools will be reserved for other backward classes (OBCs) from the academic session of 2021-22. The news was shared by Mr Kumar through a tweet, which read “OBC reservation to be introduced in Sainik Schools from the year 2021-22.”

Also read: Maharashtra Govt launches foreign education scholarship for General & OBC students

Write for Us

As part of the tweet, he also shared images of official notification dated 13th October 2020 which has been sent to principals of all Sainik schools across the country.

Currently, there are around 33 Sainik Schools spread across the country, which work under the Ministry of Defence. All the 33 Sainik Schools, which are residential in nature, will introduce OBC reservation from 2021-22 academic session. The circular read “67 per cent of the seats in a Sainik school are reserved for candidates from the state or the Union Territory in which the school is located and the remaining 33 per cent is reserved for those who come from outside that state or UT. These two lists will be termed List A and List B.”

Follow and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Elets video

Eletsonline News

Most Popular

[noptin-form id=89877]
To Top